22re won't stay running

193kyle

So I pulled my truck out of the garage to do some cleaning up and it ran just fine when I pulled it out, and 2 hours later when I went to drive it back in it fires up and then dies after about 5 seconds. It looked to me like a bad mass air flow sensor, so i swapped it out with another one that I know is good and it does the same thing? So I checked over everything and can't see anything obviously wrong(checked intake tube for cracks, checked vacuum lines, wiring harness, etc.) I have never had any problems with this truck running, it always runs like a top. It's an 86 toy pickup that was originally carbed and the PO swapped in the newer motor with EFI. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
fuel pump relay!~ your cold start injector will give it enough fuel to run for several secounds and then if the relay does not function properly it will not fire the pump when the motor starts...

the ignitor will also do similar things..

i have had that prob myself... i have had my relay fix it once and the secound time someone in the shop unplugged my ignitor!