231 linkage adjustment problems

Slacker

I need some advice on getting the w4d shift linkage adjusted properly. Some of the time it will pop out of 4-low.
98 jeep wrangler TJ 4.0 Auto
4 inch lift, 1 inch body lift

Slacker

Currently it is give me problems just getting it into 4-low. It any one has experience with any after market ones like Novak or AA... please comment.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
They constantly need adjustment. I bought a nice kit from Tera plus that keeps all of the linkage mounted on the drivetrain.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
They constantly need adjustment. I bought a nice kit from Tera plus that keeps all of the linkage mounted on the drivetrain.

I was going to suggest that kit, but you beat me to it. :cool:

The shift linkage kit runs around $62, and is intended for use with the auto trannies, so you're a candidate. :)

Slacker

Checked their web site, Part #: 001900001 ($18.99) is the only one I could find. This one still mounts between the transfer case and body. Can you point me to the one you mentioned?

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Whelp, I searched all over, and can't find a picture or reference or anything, anywhere. Not on Teraflexplus.com, not on Teraflex.biz, not anywhere else either. Tomorrow when I get to work I'll see if I can't get the web guy back on the ball and get it posted, then link it here. ;)

It's a nifty little bracket that bolts to the transmission, has a nice little bellcrank with an adjustable link to attach to the shifter. You re-use the lower rod that attaches to the Tcase.

RockChucker

i have the novak one, and it too eliminated all of my problems...but it cost more, if i had known about the tera one i would have gone with it b/c it cost less

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Here's the link to info on the Tera linkage kit: Info!

And the pic:
TJ%20Shift%20Linkage%20Adapter%20004947100.jpg