26 Gallon Sears Compressor

lineforeman99

Does anyone have a fairly new Sears compressor? I am in the market for one and they have them on sale now. My old one is extremely loud and since I am going to get a new one I might as well get something a little quieter.

Thanks Butch

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Is it a direct-drive, oil-less compressor? Or a belt-driven oil-bathed compressor? Direct drive=loud just as much today as it did 20 years ago.

Got a link to the one you're looking at?

lineforeman99

It is an oil-less. Got some responses on another website. The oil-less is way noiser. Probably go to a belt drive. Not much good to say about the sears either.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
It is an oil-less. Got some responses on another website. The oil-less is way noiser. Probably go to a belt drive. Not much good to say about the sears either.

Yup. Sounds like you're on the right track now. Get the biggest tank, highest CFM, and 220 volt if you can manage it.

I got this one a while ago. It's been great, and much quieter than my old direct drive oil-less. It also cycles much less often making it effectively even quieter. I can now work in the garage while my kids sleep (their bedrooms are both above my garage.
http://www.google.com/products/cata...ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CBsQ8wIwAw#ps-sellers

SnwMnkys

Go to home depot and look at their Husky line of compressors. I had a Sears 30 gallon flat laying oil less and it was noisy as hell, but did the job. I bought my dad a Husky 30 gallon upright for his birthday one year and was really surprised out how quiet it was. Dont really know its running 20ft away. After a while I ended up stealing it from him and left my Craftsman at his place since I use mine more frequently.

I was surprised to read on the Husky, Made in USA cast onto the pump.