2nd Gen Cummins

leorn

reset
I bought a 99 club cab (looked long for a quad cab for cheap and gave up) I bought it for $6800 and I then put about 2000 into fixing the front end, adding a Fass and gauges. Mine is a work truck as well, and it has served me well. I also refused to buy the auto. I have the 5sp. I thought I really wanted a 6sp, but the truth is, I'm glad I got the 5sp. I drove a 6sp and the extra gears are a bit tedious. 5sp is much better around town even towing lighter loads. The 6sp is for serious towing on grades and lots of hwy imo.

I do wish the brakes were as good as the torque. I need to do the chevy rear cylinder upgrade. (forget the exact name.) May look into an exhaust brake.

I also plan on having $1k in the bank for the day the injector pump goes. So far, so good though.

lowe1974

mbryson's butcher
I did a lot of research and bought a 2003 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4 dually. It has the 6spd manual. I Sold my 2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max to get this. I pulls a 45' gooseneck enclosed trailer from Wyoming and got 17mpg. It was awesome and towed better then pulling my 16' camp trailer with my Tundra and got better fuel economy. Look for a 2002-2004.5 with a 6spd manual