30 or 31 Dec looking for snow!!!

smashmetal

I need to Cristen my new ride, Im at a point I feel comfortable taking it out to test it. Im pretty new here so I'd like to find a group to show me the ropes! Now I gotta say I don't have the winch on yet and I should have the detroit in the front (wich is my only locker at the moment) soon, install kit should be here friday.
I'd hate to go out only 1 locker but I think a set of 1 tons under a 4runner and some 39.5 make for a decent mixture for some snow playing.
IMG_1234.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
As long as I can get my parts on I may be able to maybe even do Sat. 29th.
Still need to find a place to go! Cause I have no idea where to go!!

With this snow, I think the 'snake' trails could be quite fun. I've not been there with white stuff covering them. I'm open for almost anything, though.

Bodine

One Call That's All
I was out there last sunday and I would say it would probably be fun up top where your looking down into Mercur. Other than that it wasnt really anything but about 3 inches of snow and processed mill tailings mud, as a matter of fact I keep thinking my dog did a job for the cable company in my garage but its just that mill tailings mud falling off my Jeep. -_-

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i saw your 4runner on wildyoats almost exactly a year ago(11-07-2006) ;).. doesn't look like much has changed since then, but looks can be decieving i suppose..

smashmetal

i saw your 4runner on wildyoats almost exactly a year ago(11-07-2006) ;).. doesn't look like much has changed since then, but looks can be decieving i suppose..

I can't rember if I've put any thing there, I do visit once and a while. That would have been about the time I started cutting into it. I started in Aug. of 06 so I would have probably just finished up the front by then.

red

so saturday the 29th, do yall want to do deeper snow wheelin or maybe do some rock crawling?

snow wheelin places i know of are providence and mantua
some rock crawling we could go to 5 mile pass

smashmetal

Because of the possiabality of only getting 1 locker installed Id like to keep it in the snow. I wouldent feel comfortable with out a traction devise in the rear to go play on the rocks quit yet, atleast not with snow on them.

providence or mantua sounds good, We'll have to a establish a meeting place too. I have no idea where either are at.:sick:

red

you can do trails like constrictor and rattlesnake at 5mp without a locker, i took my old 87 4runner (IFS) up there at stock height an open diffs without any body damage. not waynes world though haha.

mantua is pretty good snow depth, providence will most likely be deeper