Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Here is a review I found for this movie. Pretty much sums up my opinion.

Go see it...:cool:

I just saw a movie that’ll give your eyes boners, make your balls scream and make you poop DVD copies of THE TRANSPORTER. It’s called 300. I don’t know what the title has to do with the movie, but they could’ve called it KITTENS MAKING CANDLES and it’d still rule.
It’s about these 300 Greek dudes who stomp the sugar-coated **** out of like a million other dudes. I have a feeling that a lot of high school sports coaches are going to show this film to their teams before they play. Also, gay dudes and divorced women are going to use screen captures for computer wallpaper.
The movie takes place about a million years ago, and it’s sort of like a prequel to SIN CITY. Except way less guns and cars but twice as much skull splitting. If you watch this movie and go into a Taco Bell, and say to the cashier, “I need some extra sauce packets” guess what? You’re getting twenty sauce packets because your face will punch him in the brain.
I can’t spoil the plot because THANK GOD THERE ISN’T ONE. Just ass kicking that kicks ass that, while said ass is getting kicked, is kicking yet more ass that’s hitting someone’s balls with a hammer made of ice but the ice is frozen whiskey.
TWO COOL THINGS ABOUT THE MOVIE AND ONE THING I DIDN’T LIKE:
COOL THING ONE:
HEAVY METAL DURING BATTLE SCENES
Who gives a **** if the music isn’t historically correct? LORD OF THE RINGS could’ve used some Journey. This movie has that chu-CHUNG kind of metal that you hear in your head when your shift supervisor at Wetzel’s Pretzel is telling you that you’ll have to stay for clean up and you wish you had a sock filled with quarters in your hand.
COOL THING TWO:
FOES, MINI-BOSSES AND A BIG BOSS
Basically, the Greek dudes are fighting these Persian dudes, but the director, who must have a dick made of three machine guns, does it all like a video game. The Greeks fight every death metal video from the last ten years. There’s wave after wave of giants, freaks, ninjas, mutants, wizards, and a hunchback who looks like he’s got Rosie O’Donnell on his back.
Would I have been happy if Dom DeLuise from HISTORY OF THE WORLD, PART I had shown up? Maybe, but this movie more than makes up for that glaring oversight.
NOT SO GOOD THING:
DUDE NUDITY (“DUDE-ITY”)
These are Greek times, when there were a lot of naked women around. And there are some naked women in this film, but almost every naked woman scene has a muscular dude giving the screen an ass picnic. Dude-ity is something directors put in their movies so people will think they’re serious, I guess, and not just throwing in naked hotties.
Any directors reading this – IT’S OKAY TO JUST THROW IN NAKED HOTTIES.
Can’t someone make a movie about naked Amazons and call it PAUSE BUTTON?
My final analysis is 300 the most ass-ruling movie I’ve seen this year, and will probably be the King of 2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf.

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Concerning the review you posted....the guy doesn't know what the title has to do with the movie? Then, in his very first statement he references exactly why the movie is called 300. What a nutsack....

I went and watched it last night. It was a very cool movie, but I doubt it will be the best movie of the year. Definately gets you pumped up! The combat scenes are kick ass, and the women are extremely hot.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Concerning the review you posted....the guy doesn't know what the title has to do with the movie? Then, in his very first statement he references exactly why the movie is called 300. What a nutsack....

I went and watched it last night. It was a very cool movie, but I doubt it will be the best movie of the year. Definately gets you pumped up! The combat scenes are kick ass, and the women are extremely hot.

Yeah, I know the dude was a little out there, but that was the funniest review I've ever seen. :rofl:

Awesome movie.

teknodestrukto

My final analysis is 300 the most ass-ruling movie I’ve seen this year, and will probably be the King of 2007 unless someone makes a movie where a pair of sentient boobs fights a werewolf.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If this movie comes out, please let us know...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
hahahha "nutted" man I haven't heard that in forever. Thanks.

I'm angling to go see this like tomorrow night maybe. Sweet reviews so far.

MRJ

Just a user
we just saw it. there where too many kids in the theater.

those guys where tough, laughing as thousands of arrows are falling on them.

I agree, at the show we went to, there were toddlers and infants there. i know the infants don't know any different but seeing 3-5 year olds there is disturbing. This was after we were IDed to get into the show. The ticket ripper said here boss wanted everyone IDed before entry.

4554x4

always modifing something
Good movie but not great. There was too much Mortal Kombat type enemies and ficticious animals. Should have stayed closer to the actual events. I did like it though.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i will catch the actual events on the history channel. i liked the freak show approach, it made it exciting. when dude stabbed giant freaky guy in the eye and giant freaky guy pulled the knife out and was slightly annoyed, that was cool. but probably not historically accurate.:p

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Checked it out tonight. Pretty cool, I like freaks but obviuosly not very realistic but still cool. There was this one goat headed guy though in a tent about 3/4 the way through and I was like WTF is he doing hangin out with the naked chicks. Goat men... always gettin the ladies