Brett

Meat-Hippy
86RICK said:
i am sure this is a tried disscusion on this web site but i just bought 302 and need a good website to see the ups and downs to doing this swap

More details needed....what swap are you doing? 302 into a Jeep or Toyota or what? :)

86RICK

i am sticking in a toyota 92 sas swap 5 inches suspension 3 inches body lift. pretty much know this has been dicussed some where on this website or the to pirate 4x4 but i can not find it. i was thinking all you boys would just throw me to the wolves so i would just appreciate any help i can get on some one who has done the swap.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So you want to put a 302 in a 92 Toyota truck? I haven't personally seen any post on here about it. Pirate might have some, but it isn't a very popular swap.

Jate

Speed beats up Sparky.
I am a Ford guy, but I would put a chevy 350 in if I were looking for an easy and less expensive swap. Lots of guys have put those in so there is a lot of information about it. Plus, it is a lot cheaper to go with chevy because the volume of aftermarket parts and swapability. If you already have a really good 5.0 then maybe it would be worth the effort. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

JT

skybob

Check out NWOR or north west off-road. They make everything youll need to make the swap. Just do a online serch for it. That is a fairly common swap

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Jate said:
I am a Ford guy, but I would put a chevy 350 in if I were looking for an easy and less expensive swap. Lots of guys have put those in so there is a lot of information about it. Plus, it is a lot cheaper to go with chevy because the volume of aftermarket parts and swapability. If you already have a really good 5.0 then maybe it would be worth the effort. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

JT
I completely agree, and I am also a bit of a Ford guy.

86RICK

Ford It Is

i work for ford so i have all the technology of the computers and wiring diagrams all the stuff. i also have a couples kids here who have ripped the motor apart dozens of time they spend there lifes in 302s. the 350 is to wide at the bottum to use it. nwor is alright seemed to know alot but i thinkm i will use advanced adapters

OCNORB

Supporting Member
Jate said:

JT

I have to disagree a little bit on this one. Aftermarket support for the 5.0 is huge. You can build a 5.0 for nearly the same as a 350 and IMHO the factory injection systems are better for 4-wheelin'. Also the 5.0 is much lighter than the 350 and will make plenty of power for the Toyota.

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/hottoy/mopower/

http://www.autoworks.cc/5_0_toyota_4_runner_conversion.htm

http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/hottoy/jd/

http://rcrc4x4.com/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=69

86RICK

motor

the motor is a six cylinder with a cracked blocked i got the whole trcu out of the junk yard eveything good was stripped off first i just pull the six and though it in our core bin

pELYgroso

'Merica
I've got the runner with a 302 and I love it!! Tons of torque, and never has problems in off camber situations!! I've got a f-150 4 speed manual tranny with a granny 1st gear, 4:10's, and a 4:1 t-case and it's [almost] as low as my buddy's toy with dual cases and 5:29's. good choice with the 302!! you know what they say about chevy stuff anyways.....like a [big heavy useless] rock. :rofl: