304 Fuel injection

ALF

SURE!?
As some of you know I've been having stalling issues with my 79 CJ7 and I've been thinking about EFI options for it. The turn key out of the box systems are way out of my price range...but thinking back to when I had my blazer I remembered carb to TBI adapters and how you could throw one on hook up a comp. and pretty much go. My question is has anyone done this on their 304? A new edelbrock square bore is available for the 304 but its almost $200. I'm posting two pics, one of a stock 304 manifold and another is of a carb-tbi adapter that looks like it would work although I don't know the manifold dimensions for a 304 if some one could provide that I would appreciate it;) the dimensions on the adapter is 5-1/8" x 3-1/2"

I'm guessing with this adapter ( if it is the same dimensions as a 304 manifold) along with a SBC TBI setup should be a afternoon bolt up and go project:confused:

Discuss...

Cantilope

I put on one of the "box" systems...

The technical support I got from Edelbrock, was worth every penny. Yesterday, I blew the doors off a mustang with my stock, 304 except this kit... Until we hit 65 of course...

I have been driving this jeep for 16 years, this kit woke it right up. Like nothing I have ever done to it. Plus if I ever go with a 360 or 401 this will just bolt on... A few adjustments on the programmer, back in business.

I highly reccommend. I gained 5 MPG too if your interested.
A 30% increase in fuel econonmy will pay for this kit in 20,000 miles. 2 years of driving for me...

Cantilope

That would be the one, I got it from Jegs, they even had free shipping.

Think it was $2500. You need to provide your own coil, plugs and wires...

Installation was a breeze, even the programming. I won't even pretend I knew what I was doing... Wokrs great runs great.

ALF

SURE!?
That would be the one, I got it from Jegs, they even had free shipping.

Think it was $2500. You need to provide your own coil, plugs and wires...

Installation was a breeze, even the programming. I won't even pretend I knew what I was doing... Wokrs great runs great.

I could have a brand new 300 HP SBC EFI 350 for that price...waste of money in my opinion.

I guess its the GM in my blood but I can't see any justification to spending that much money on a 304:rolleyes: . No matter how much you polish a turd its still a turd.

The reason I started this thread was to talk about cost feasable alternatives to the kits being sold on the market like the one you bought.

Cantilope

Just one more note on the support.

I had an installation error... It took 2 e-mails and Edelbrock had a motorhead that lived locally come to my house and help me troubleshoot and tune it up. He had installed one this last year with success. I still owe that kid lunch.

Worth every penny, besides that is only the cost of a good set of tires and rims...