33x9.50 Tj spare

manouso

I was wondering if there is any problems of running a 33 x 9.50 spare tire on a stock rim with the stock tire carrier? Will the spare fit properly on the back of a tj? The tj also has a 1 inch body.

Thanks

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
most stock tire carriers will eventually rip out with a tire 3X the size and weight of stock. TJ tire carriers are slightly better than most but I wouldn't do it without a swing out or roof mounted spare.

manouso

spencurai said:
most stock tire carriers will eventually rip out with a tire 3X the size and weight of stock. TJ tire carriers are slightly better than most but I wouldn't do it without a swing out or roof mounted spare.

Eventually the tire carrier bolts rips out from the the tail gate, right?

So what i am thinking if it is possible, i could reinforce the bolts on the tail gate and possibly the bolts at hinges to eliminate that problem.

Caleb

manouso said:
Eventually the tire carrier bolts rips out from the the tail gate, right?

So what i am thinking if it is possible, i could reinforce the bolts on the tail gate and possibly the bolts at hinges to eliminate that problem.

sure you can do it but by the time you put in the effort to reinforce the stock carrier you probably could have built a swing out...