35 Spline lockouts

lineforeman99

I need some recomendations on some 35 spline lockouts. I am having trouble with the warns. I have heard good things about the Mile Marker and Tera. I have a dana 60 with chrome molly shafts.

I would appreciate any input one way or the other.

Thanks Butch

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Warn Premiums if you run lockouts....

but x4 on the Summit slugs! American-made, locally produced product, with Mike's good name behind them. :D :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I need to be able to turn them out because I drive on the street sometimes. I have warn premiums now and having trouble with them.

The latest Summit Machine units have a gadget that will hold the cap on after you've pulled the slug. This is exactly what I'd like as for the most part, I trailer my rig. They're about the toughest thing running, as far as I know.
http://www.summitmachine.com/index.php?p=customParts&cp=dg

Just out of curiousity, what trouble are you having with the Warns? I'd run Warn over either of the other two brands you mentioned. If the Warn's are not holding up to the rock bashing, I doubt either of the other two brands would. I'm not sure how many times I've hit my drive slugs, but they seem to like the punishment. I'd hate to have a lockout on there. I think the Teraflex units are exclusive with some Tera mfg. 60 part, but I could be wrong.

The only other thing I've considered are the low profile Dynatrac ones, but at $400 per set, I'll pull my slugs.

Last edited:

lineforeman99

I have one, the driver side, that wants to turn itself in when I am dirveing in two wheeldrive. It won't come out when wheeling which is good. I heard that when you convert to 35 spline outers that this can happen. I haven't had any trouble per say as far as durability.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I have one, the driver side, that wants to turn itself in when I am dirveing in two wheeldrive. It won't come out when wheeling which is good. I heard that when you convert to 35 spline outers that this can happen. I haven't had any trouble per say as far as durability.

That's what that screw is for on the backside. :D

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Yeah, there's a screw on the backside of the lockout, the purpose of which is to keep the lockout from engaging itself... at least, there used to be. ????

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
It's a little setscrew, and I wouldn't call the front of the dial the "back". ;)

35warn2.jpg

Meat_

Banned
Warn's only for lockouts. I gernaded a MM on flat slickrock the other day (some trip ago). The superwinch on the other side is still alive. I was only running them because I didn't want to buy new Warn premiums until I had 35 spl. The stock cheapO Warn hubs are stronger than MM.

lineforeman99

The warns I have don't have the set screw. I have a friend who has that type. I dont want to deal with an allen every time I lock them in. I am starting to lean towards the slugs I think.