35x12.50 16 LTB's ?

ElJefe

uh. . .
I was wondering if anybody has got this size LTB yet or know much about them.

I wont need new tires for a bit but wanna get what I want figured out so I can start saving. I'm running 315/75r16 retreads right now, theyve been great. but they only measure in at about 33 inches. I want something thats actually 35 inches tall.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
depends on what you are running them on. If its something light like a jeep or yota, the ltb's are fine. Do not run these on a full size rig, especially a diesel. They will not hold up to the weight. the lugs will start to fly off in the first hundred miles.

I sold a set to a guy in wyoming for a dodge cummins. He blew out 2 of them before he made it to evanston.

but like I said, they are a great offroad tire for a lighter rig.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
i wouldn't use them as DD tires. only offroad, i wouldn't even use them to get to the trail. Really there is a reason the tires are so cheap,

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I know that the new LTB's are a little different than the later versions, but if they are the same compound I'd avoid them if you plan on a significant amout of street time.

They rock offroad, and can take serious abuse. But like most aggressive bias ply tires they wear quick. I ran some on my light weight Samurai a LONG time ago and I could watch them wear down by the week :-\

_Auzzy_

Current Rig: 12W Boots
Yeah LTB's flat out suck. my buddy ran them on that CJ that now has the irocks and even that light bugger had them wore down in 6 months.

ElJefe

uh. . .
They suck that bad on the road?

I've been looking around the internet, what about those Michelin XL 9.00r16's?

I've thought about the Iroks, but I like the skinnys a little better.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Super Swamper tires were never designed for on road use. Yes they will work, but they wear out really fast, very noisy, and don't hold up to high speeds especially under weight.

If you want one that is better on the road, the Swamper Trxs M/T is not a bad tire.
Not really familiar with the Michelin, but I'm sure it would hold up better.

There really is nobody left making a skinny tire.

Personally I am a firm believer in spending a little more on tires because they will usually last longer, so you're not really spending more money.

ElJefe

uh. . .
I've been very happy with my retreads. theyve been wearing really well and has pretty darned good traction. I just want a taller tire. they say they have a 37 but I e-mailed them about it and havent heard anything back yet.

The on road thing is what has kept me from getting the LTB's before. I dont plan on driving my jeep on the road too much, but it will see it share of on the road drivin. so from what has been said here I think I'll rule the LTB's out.

I forgot about the Trxs M/T. Just checked out their site and it says the 35 incher is actually 35 inches tall. that would be cool.

the Michelins are radial and DOT apporved, they are for the military. only downside I've read is they are very heavy and suck in the ice. and from what I found hard to find to purchase.