39 inch irok questions

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
anybody heard anything on the pitbull Maddog tire????? they are very cost effective

I have only talked to a couple of people who have ran the Mad Dogs, and they both liked them. The cost is good, and they aren't as wide as the Rockers. We are putting some 39's on the new rig we are building, so we should now how they work in a few weeks.

Matt

What do you guys think about the 39.5 iroks? I love my 37's. There is a few things I like about a 39 irok compared to other 39s or 40s. Cheaper then a krawler or a creepy crawler. Can get it on a 15 so I don't have to buy new beadlocks. A lot lighter so easier on parts and easier for my little motor to turn. I know the 37s work great and have seen the 42s hook up even better. But on the other forums I've read bad about the 39.. Could it really be worse than my 37 inch radials? Also I drag belly a lot so just the fact that its bigger I think would help me a lot. So let's get some opinions. My rig is really light so I'm not worried about them folding like they some times do on heavier truckss

I've been running 39.5 Iroks for several years now and have noticed a couple of things. traction is pretty decent compared to other tires, but sometimes requires more tire speed/spin to get up stuff. cant air down below 7-8 psi without popping the inner bead off, but this is only on 17" wheels! have several buddies running them on 15" wheels and they don't seem to have this problem. and for some reason running the 42" Iroks on 17's negates the bead popping problem and the traction is better! have followed my buddy with 42's up the same obstacles he crawls up, i have to spin to get up, go figure! :ugh: My next tire purchase is going to be the 42" Iroks, or the Pitbull Rockers. ;)

zukijames

It seems like people that run them low like hen people who don't hate them. I did hells with a buggy on 42 inch iroks two weeks ago convinced him to let a little more air out he said it was a huge differance I run mine at 3 and they do pretty good

zukijames

Maybe I should tell my girlfriend to start sleeping on the top bunk now you got me worried about having a kid! Anyways do the 39.5 rockers hook up seems to wide to me spreding the weight out. I guess some times that's good though

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Or just drank a lot when I was to young, thus making poor choices even more poor.

I did quite a few things when i was young, luckily none of them involved having children.

Oh, IROKs still suck:p

Last edited by a moderator:

zukijames

Mbryson.. the good thing about the bad thing is that at least you weren't to old to do stuff with your son while he was growing up. By the time my parents had me, my dad was an old man... too tired to do anything!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Mbryson.. the good thing about the bad thing is that at least you weren't to old to do stuff with your son while he was growing up. By the time my parents had me, my dad was an old man... too tired to do anything!

There's a lot I could write about this. I was not too old to do things with my oldest son, but there were some other circumstances that didn't allow me to really be much of a dad to him (issues with his mom and her lifestyle). I've got three other kids with my wife, and I feel A LOT better about how I've been a dad to them. In my opinion, I was to YOUNG to be a dad to him (of any kind of effectiveness). My advice: Just be careful with your weekend choices. Sometimes the fun can turn into a lifelong commitment.