4.3 swap into a 84 extra cab yota need help

natas

So i have installed the 4.3 to stock toy manual trans got it to crank over i have spark fuel pump is running im just not getting any thing on the fuel injectors i have 12v on one side of each injector. Anyone local in the ogden area that has done one of these swaps ? Thanks in advance

utah340six

check your fuel preasure.
you may need 65 lbs
check on your year of motor for how much you need.
i had to instal chev pump to get mine to work.
ps i have a new fuel pump for chev paid $1oo for it.
im in west jordan

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
You should be able to see the injectors injecting fuel while cranking. If this engine has been sitting for a while, the injectors may have varnished and are pluged.
Also, I believe these injectors are fired off the ground side of the ecu. You will always have 12 volts to them, but the ecu closes the ground to make them fire. You can rent a noid light kit from autozone to check that that the ecu is trying to fire them. This will tell you if you have an injector problem or a wire/ecu problem.

natas

Thanks ! I will look at the injectors. It was sitting for a while i have power to the one side of each injector there just not spraying

You should be able to see the injectors injecting fuel while cranking. If this engine has been sitting for a while, the injectors may have varnished and are pluged.
Also, I believe these injectors are fired off the ground side of the ecu. You will always have 12 volts to them, but the ecu closes the ground to make them fire. You can rent a noid light kit from autozone to check that that the ecu is trying to fire them. This will tell you if you have an injector problem or a wire/ecu problem.

natas

It will fire up and run if i feed it fuel i checked across the injectors and it is getting a signal to fire its just not spraying on either injector. any thoughts ?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
When you say you are getting a signal to fire, what did you do to check that? Use a noid light? Or just saw that you had 12v to one wire?

natas

there was a change across when using a meter. i found the injectors where toast went to a salvage yard and presto !!! got it fired up all this time it was the injectors