4.3 wiring harness

comingdown

Hey all, I'm sure this has been done but what are opinions of cutting your stock harness vs buying the Howell harness? It is a 95 blazer that I am pulling the motor and trans from. It is going in a samurai. I'm keeping the 4l60 trans but will do a reverse valve body on it.

Also, if any one has done it, what is the best source to find the wiring diagrams so I can cut it. For 400 it is tempting but I'm a totally cheap bastard. I'm not really in a hurry, so I would say I have more time then money for this. Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would say you can do your own, if you have a LOT of time & patience. I've heard of people sitting down with the wiring diagram and go thru the harness one wire at a time.

Me, I'd rather pay someone to cut down a stock harness. ;)

comingdown

I would say you can do your own, if you have a LOT of time & patience. I've heard of people sitting down with the wiring diagram and go thru the harness one wire at a time.

Me, I'd rather pay someone to cut down a stock harness. ;)
And that's my original thought but then I had heard that the Tbi wasn't that difficult to mess with so I was hoping to get some input from the higher intelligence life forms.

RogueJeepr

Here!
When the engine is in, start laying out the harness and plug in everything that you need. Things you don't want/need can be cut OR tucked into the conduit (just in case its needed later).
My last engine swap all I needed was the starter, alternator, oil and temp gauges.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

XJEEPER

Hey all, I'm sure this has been done but what are opinions of cutting your stock harness vs buying the Howell harness? It is a 95 blazer that I am pulling the motor and trans from. It is going in a samurai. I'm keeping the 4l60 trans but will do a reverse valve body on it.

Also, if any one has done it, what is the best source to find the wiring diagrams so I can cut it. For 400 it is tempting but I'm a totally cheap bastard. I'm not really in a hurry, so I would say I have more time then money for this. Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

Having performed a 4.3 TBI swap using a Howells harness and on another vehicle, performed an AW4 trans swap to replace a BA10 manual trans, this time swapping harnesses myself using a donor harness...... the Howells harness is good money spent. Plug and play.

comingdown

Having performed a 4.3 TBI swap using a Howells harness and on another vehicle, performed an AW4 trans swap to replace a BA10 manual trans, this time swapping harnesses myself using a donor harness...... the Howells harness is good money spent. Plug and play.

This is the perspective I was looking for. I have heard it is annoying being forced to put stuff where Howell thinks it should go instead of the freedom you have doing your own. Did you feel that way?