4 Door Toyota... Um... Thing for sale or trade

dzeyer

4 Seater Mutt Crawler
Located in Orem, UT
Asking $6,500

PIC
http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/vv319/dzeyer/the MUTT/?action=view&current=IMG_2436.jpg

Well, It's back down in Orem for wheeling season (updated first post) and so I'm putting it back up for sale. After the season ends I'll probably start parting it out unless someone wants to offer and get all the parts at once. I'm pricing it at what the parts pretty much cost together... just don't want to have to take it apart. But I figured out my next project and want to get started once it's too hot to go wheeling. Let me know if you have any questions about it or want to come take a look. It works great and is ready to wheel. Even after being put away all winter, threw the battery in and it fired right up... thanks to propane...

BUILD THREAD
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?71768-Yota-Mutt-Build&highlight=mutt

That should show most of it. I'm not an expert fabricator by any means. I like my rigs to be simple and easy to work on/trouble shoot. I go wheeling with guys that have fancy rigs with too many electronics and most of the time we end up waiting for them because they melted a wire and now it wont run. So I built this with two goals. Fit 4 people safely (has 5 seat belts, but only 4 harnesses) and simply work. Let me know if you have any questions.

- 2002 4-Door Tacoma Cab with exo cage and 1983 skins... Makes it look like a Hilux!
- 1982 Stretched (16") frame
- 1992 4.3L Vortec engine on Propane
- New radiator built for v8
- (2) 10 Gallon Tanks
- Rebuilt TH400 Transmission (kevlar) and cooler
- ORD 203/205 Doubler. Tripple sticked, 2x4 (front) 2x4 (rear) 4x4 detents haven't been ground. So the third stick is just 2x4 / 4x4. The gears and output have been kryoed
- Front long slip drive shaft from 6 States. Rear is just a large OD shaft
- Front Dana 60 Kingpin with 4.56 gears and a Detroit
- Rear Corp 14 with Disc conversion, 4.56 gears, and welded
- 44" Pitbull Rockers
- Re-Centered H1 Double Bead lock wheels
- Front and Rear new 5" Trail Gear springs. They are settling to a nice height
- PSC Single ended steering set-up (Orbital, Pump, and 8" Ram) and cooler
- Balistic Fab high steer arms
- 2 New (but cheap) Suspension seats up front. They do the job. I've gone all day in them and they felt great
- Has iPod hook-up and cig charger with basic speakers for tunes. I put on a realy quiet exhaust cause I like to hear the music.
- 1 wire beefd up altenator (115 AMP)

I'm probably forgetting other little stuff, but you probably just want to look at pics anyways. I'm on the road for work right now, so I don't have my drive with my pictures, but look through the build-up and you should get the jist of it. Also, here's some video of wheeling it in St George before I caged it and put the skins on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RaARzSd-5Y8

Thanks for reading and let me know if you have any Qs
- Aaron
azeyer@gmail.com
208-520-0708

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Very nice rig for sure. I never saw the build thread, but have to say you did a great job finishing it. Glad I got help with it a bit. I have to say though it needs one more thing to really make it sing. With the open bed and the propane back there, throw down some expanded metal and make a built in BBQer! Then I would really call it a do anything rig!

dzeyer

Thanks guys. Yeah Josh, I get a lot of compliments on the cage. I actually thought about taking apart a gas grill to do that on the back since I have a sheet of expanded metal covering it... I just thought it could get kinda gross after a couple BBQs, but it would sure be fun for those couple of BBQs.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Would you mind emailing me a picture of the truck with the painted cage and body? It looks great.

dzeyer

BUMP>>>
Well, It's back down in Orem for wheeling season (updated first post) and so I'm putting it back up for sale. After the season ends I'll probably start parting it out unless someone wants to offer and get all the parts at once. I'm pricing it at what the parts pretty much cost together... just don't want to have to take it apart. But I figured out my next project and want to get started once it's too hot to go wheeling. Let me know if you have any questions about it or want to come take a look. It works great and is ready to wheel. Even after being put away all winter, threw the battery in and it fired right up... thanks to propane...

-Aaron

dzeyer

Thanks Steve!... it's just so much fun being able to take 4 other people on some fun trails. Lewis... If one is good, then two is great! I say go for it... but that's just my opinion...