4-wheel drive clubs

TELFORD

its a work in progress
Who here belongs to a club? What club do you belong to? What do you like about it, and what do you dislike about it. Have you ever had a bad experience with a local club, if so which one. Any suggestions on good clubs to join.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association If you like 4-wheeling in Utah, join up. We dedicate most of our time to defending access.

U4 isn't a club but an association.

There is a list of clubs on U4's site though
http://www.u4wda.org/clubs.aspx

Some clubs are much better organized then others. Most try to go out at least once a month. I have never had a bad experience with a club, mainly because I am out by myself or with my family most times.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm a member of MountainYoats 4x4 club, primarily a Toyota club but accepting of all rigs :)

There are alot of great clubs around the state, you can't go wrong with choosing any of them. Some are more specific to brands of vehicle, but everyone definately has the same goals in mind - To wheel with friends, have fun, learn new stuff, and service projects to help keep our public lands open.

-Jason

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I'm part of the "I like to go wheelin with fun people that aren't ass-clowns "club.

It's invite only, and somewhat exclusive ;)

I've never been part of a club, but I have met lots of people from RME and when I run into locals on the trail I usually try to identify them via RME.

ID Bronco

Local clubs can help achieve things most individuals cannot. Ie, cleanups, alerts to land use issues, share trail info, ect. I am a proponent of being a member of a local club and a state association with affiliation to a good national organization. It gives you a bigger voice. I have had great results in Snake River Offroaders in Idaho, and I have the opportunity to know many members of most Idaho clubs. I could enjoy being members in any of them, almost without exception. There are great, similarly minded-people in most clubs around here.

I'm a member of MountainYoats 4x4 club, primarily a Toyota club but accepting of all rigs :)

Is that "club" still around?

I'm part of the "I like to go wheelin with fun people that aren't ass-clowns "club.

Yeah, Cody's peepicular requirements are very stringent.

Clubs can be a great way to meet other wheelers, work on service projects, and learn more about wheeling or a particular area. Where do you live? Definitely join U4WDA as well.

TELFORD

its a work in progress

I've never been part of a club, but I have met lots of people from RME and when I run into locals on the trail I usually try to identify them via RME.

you know the funny thing is whenever cody posts up there is always something worth quoteing, or at least that makes me laugh pretty hard.

I want to get out more and meet new people and actually do some wheeling. For as long as I have been around RME its amazing how many people I have never meet, or had a chance to wheel with. I am finding my self in the position where all the people that I know that wheel are too busy to go anymore or they are geting out of it all together for various reasons. I dont want to get out of it, and will make more time to get out. My current project is geting to a wheelable state and I cant wait to get out, and be more active in our 4-wheel drive community.

Seth

These go to 11
Join a club that has members with similar equipment setup to yours. They will be running trails or difficulty levels you will be interested in.

Secondly I suggest joining multiple clubs. Join one in each area of the state. That way there is always something going on.

The most active clubs in Utah include:
  • Canyon Country 4x4 Club- Kanab
  • Castle Country King Crawlers 4x4- Price
  • Lone Peak 4-Wheelers- American Fork
  • Moab Friends-For-Wheelin'- Moab
  • North American XJ Assocation- Salt Lake (XJ's Only)
  • Red Rock 4-Wheelers- Moab
  • Rockaholics Anonymous- Salt Lake and St George
  • Utah 4x4 Club- Salt Lake and St George
  • UTAH Offroad and Outdoors Club- Salt Lake
  • Wasatch Cruisers- Salt Lake (Cruisers Only)
  • Wasatch Outlaw Wheelers- Ogden

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Is there a good (Jeep) club that runs mostly harder trails? Or do I need to but my way into a group of friends, which I don't really have yet as I'm still pretty new around here? I ran the snakes once with Loan Peak 4 wheelers. A great group of wheelers, and would wheel with them agian. It seemed like most rigs were close to stock.....(not that that is bad, we are all stock at one point, myself included.)

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
ive been a member of the wasatch outlaw wheelers since i was 16 or 17 sumthin like that, ive always enjoyed being a member of a club, i do attend other club meetings such as the big horn 4x4 club. each club has its own uniqueness to it. if you r in the ogden area shoot me a pm and ill get u the info.

great scott

I am a member of the Castle Country King Crawlers, U4, and RME. Clubs are not just a good way to have fun, but you can accomplish a lot more as a group then as an individual. Numbers do count.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
... Clubs are not just a good way to have fun, but you can accomplish a lot more as a group then as an individual. Numbers do count.

There's so much to what you just said. Organization and numbers go a long way, for example the money that the members of RME raised for the Potato Salad Hill cleanup during EJS and the excess that went to the RR4W MUD Fund. We raised over $2500 in 2 weeks and made a huge impact in Moab. Numbers and Organization at work right there.

RME may not be an 'official' club, but we do operate in a similar manner. Anyone that wants to participate, or even organize their own event, is welcomed to here. We support and back the U4WDA as well as the many other clubs in the state.