40" LTB & other tires - opinions & experiences

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm going to be in the market for a 40" tire in the next couple months and I want some opinions.

I originally wanted a sticky comp 40" to go with the new build (thread coming soon) but I'm reconsidering because this is going to be more of a dual purpose rig and I hope to put a lot of off-road miles on it... to which I don't really want to wear out sticky tires once every year or two with that price tag.

I've been a huge fan of grooved SX's. They've done very well for me in the past... So, who out there is running the Interco LTB 40's? Do you like them? They seem comparable to the SX but larger.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I have a few friends running the new 40" LTB's. They've all had SX's, Irok's, etc, and everyone of them said that they will never go back after running the LTB's.

From what I've seen, one of the best tires for the money for that kind of tire.

Talk to SurgeryTurtle, she has them on Redroxx, and I was really impressed with the way that stuck to the rocks.

Ben Hanks told me the 47's he ran on a customer's rig were as close to a sticky you could get without it actually being a sticky.

I am hoping to have a set on a rig someday.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Bear - that's good to hear. I think Drtsqrl is running LTBs too? I could be wrong.
Do you guys have any in stock I can come look at? They seem a bit wider than I'd like but might work just fine.

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I'm running TSL's.

Surgeryturtle's LTB's seem to work well. They did take a few trips to break in, but I suppose that is normal. They seem to be pretty tough, grip well, and they are wearing a lot better than the Iroks she had before.

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Herzog,

Yeah, I'm running the LTB's and I love them! They were really luggy initially but after 4-5 trails have been SWEET and are lasting longer than the Irok's! Here's Redroxx climbing the Big Hot tub with them on Sunday.

They stink on the pavement though......;)

[youtube]LXQL9CBJoDQ[/youtube]

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Humm... what do the 40" LTB's go for? I have wondered about the switch before. Hard to take me away from the SX's...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Humm... what do the 40" LTB's go for? I have wondered about the switch before. Hard to take me away from the SX's...

I agree with you Shawn. The LTB's seem like a good tire though. We'll see how the budget pans out... I *might* be able to pick up some Treps. :eek:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Herzog,

Yeah, I'm running the LTB's and I love them! They were really luggy initially but after 4-5 trails have been SWEET and are lasting longer than the Irok's! Here's Redroxx climbing the Big Hot tub with them on Sunday.

They stink on the pavement though......;)
Nice! They do look good and not as wide as the numbers day (which is good too). Thanks for the info.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
I am not unopposed to the LBT's, but there are some others out there you might consider.

Pitbull Maddogs.

and if you watch the blems section on interco's website, they frequently have 42 inch SX2's for dirt cheap.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Swamper tires seem to be 20% off right now at 4wheelparts. Bear - do you know what the lead time is on getting these tires in from Interco? I heard they were having some problems.

Hard to beat that cart price for 4 - 40" tires. Tempting and I'm ready to buy right now. I hate these decisions. :eek: