400$ wheel bearing ? what!!!

bgreen

REDROCKET
I am a new owner of a f250 ,2000 ps, and just found out a new wheel bearing is going to cost me around 380.00. does anyone know of a cheeper alt. to this problem? any kind of info would help.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I paid 228.60 through my work through napa. They had the cheapest price, didn't check auto zone though just checker, carquest and napa.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
My 98 expedition had to have the bearing replaced as well.. the reason it costs so much is the ABS sensor is built into the damn thing... I got mine thru 4wheel parts... they got it at a discount thru one of their vendors but I think it was right around $250 and that was in 2003.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Give me all of the details on your rig and I'll check into it. I just looked up a 2000 F250 SD dually 4 wheel ABS with a 5.4l and it is $240 (your price).

Or if you know the BCA part number, I can go that way as well. I have 515025 for the part number. This number is in stock and I can have it to you in a few days...

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
i work at checker auto and if u have a printed out receipt we will price match anyone and beat them by 5% so you might wanna look into that option also:greg:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Mine was for a 2001 ford superduty diesel 4x4 with abs all around. Checker wasn't even close on the bearings and they said they couldn't match that price:rolleyes: Plus napa has a lifetime warranty on them baby:greg:

RedBull_RockIt

That's got Unit Bearings right? Those systems are much more expensive than traditional hub and bearing setups. The one on my Chevy 3500 ran $295.

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
bgreen said:
I am a new owner of a f250 ,2000 ps, and just found out a new wheel bearing is going to cost me around 380.00. does anyone know of a cheeper alt. to this problem? any kind of info would help.
Ouch!!, I'm not looking foward to doing this on my Powerchoke!

Last edited:

Bart

Dang, I wish have posted here when mine went out. I paid almost $500 for mine on my 01 PSD. It hurt bad.