40th Annual Moab Easter Safari

Barney

Isn't it about that time when someone posts up a "who's going to Jeep Safari" thread? I am. My company is sending me down to Moab for "training" on Wednesday April 5th. We (the fam.) will then stay until Monday or Tuesday of the following week. We plan on running Steel Bender and Poison Spider for sure and then play it by ear. Still not sure if we will register with RR4W. $50 for one day? I do understand they will be closing the trail to the public when they are utilizing it that day. Just have to work around them.

great scott

I go every year, and yeah some times the crowds and what not are a pain, but that's also part of the draw. I still haven't picked or sent in for trails yet, but I have a running reservation on a room. I wouldn't miss it!

Bart

I'll be there Frid - Sun the first weekend (with the TJ), and Thurs - Sun the second (TJ and buggy).

Todd Adams

Grammy's Spotter
As usual I am leading Elephant Hill on Tues. Dome Plateau on Thursday and gunning for my wife on Gold Bar Rim Friday. The rest of the time we will be open but I expect to do something with the Maxxis crew one day.
Todd

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
we will be there thursday-sunday. we havnt figured out what trails we are going to do yet. but we will be doing one trail with the redrockers. 50 bucks for one day is steep, but it goes to a good organization that puts on the greatest week of 4-wheeling in the world.

Barney

We will be doing our own trails Friday and Saturday and then jumping in with RR4W on Monday on Flat Iron Mesa (hopefully). You guys are right, it is a great organization.

JIM

85cj7
Supporting Member
I'll be their from Sun to Sun gunning Hells Revenge Tues Tip Toe Throught Hell wed and Rose Garden Hill on Big Saturday.

MOODY

Bald Guy
I am going, just not sure when...the first part of the week, or the last part...I would like to see the vendor show though...

ut4x4Bronco

BigHunkenBronco
Just moved here in July and a freind from Tucson will be flying in to SLC on the 12th for ejs. It will be my first time at ejs. I have been to Moab 5 or 6 times, once for labor day camp out. Will be testing out my front & rear Dana 60 upgrade that was done in December 05.

BLH

Wasn't planning on going this year. Since I Got too many other commitments. KId got hold of the Newspaper and keep hinting to me. <grin> so looks like were going to be there thursday thru sunday. Got our room, not sure what trails we will be doing yet. Might hookup with some friends and do steel bender Thursday night. Depends on how I feel when I get down there. Going to organized trails Friday and Saturday, since it is so crowded down there, it is funner to get out and meet people. Save the real wheeling for other weekends. PLuse got to find some time to play with the Rc's down there also. :)

SPEED

Her name is &quot;Jaju&quot;
So here it is guys... I have never been before and my dad and I are wanting to go down - we have a neighbor in the neighborhood (oddly enough... haha) that runs some of the trails from time to time I heard from his daughter who goes to my school, but I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet.

How early do hotels and trails fill up? I think my dad sent out for the form to sign up, but I'm not quite sure what else to expect or what else we need to do to prepare for it - so some tips and pointers would be great!

Thanks, hope to see some of ya down there!

SICK99TJ

I will be down later on the thursday before it shuts down. dont know what trails but i would like to meet some rme'ers down there so look me up im stayin at the gonzo in. black tj flames....dont hate:rofl:

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
It sounds like your dad has taken the first step of filling out the form in the Safari newspaper and picking what trails to do on which days. The Red Rock 4-Wheelers (RR4W) will put together everyones preferences and then go through a "lottery" process the first part of March to decide who is going on what trails. I have always got my first choices, but I have heard of others who haven't.

About mid March you will receive a confirmation letter from RR4W, explaining which trails you are signed up for. Take that letter with you to Moab and take it to the registration desk at the Arena. There you will receive your packet which has your raffle ticket in it and some other stuff. They will also tell you where your trails will be departing from (this information is also in the newspaper). If you signed up for a trail on the Saturday before Easter (Big Saturday) the trail will leave from Main Street as part of the "parade".

I know all that sounds complicated, but its not. :D The key to having fun at Jeep Safari is to relax, not take anything too serious, and have fun.

As far as hotels go. Many of them are probably already full for Easter weekend, but there are probably plenty of rooms for the other days. Many hotels have waiting lists that you can get on and as people cancel they will call you (I've gone this route before and ended up with a room). Hope some of that answered your questions.

Barney

Jinx, you lurkin' around on this thread??? I need someone to wheel with on Thursday April 5th. Thinking about either Hells' or PSM, maybe Behind the Rocks???