4L60E Info Needed

xtremexj

I'm looking for the overall length of a 99-05 4L60E 4x4 trans from a fullsize p/u including the factory t-case adapter housing from the face of the bell housing. Also, the overall width of the bell housing and then the width were the bell housing tapers in to meet the case. I'm at the point in my build where I need to do some seat mounts and floor planning but still don't have a drivetrain.:( I should have some pics to update my build thread in the next week or two for those who may be wondering what's been going on with it.;) Thanks!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Anyone? Don't make me ask on Pirate. :(

sirch noob.... :D

http://www.smokemup.com/tech/700r4.php

The 700R4 is a good transmission for a retrofit into an older car. It has a 0.7 to 1 overdrive ratio making even 4.11 gears great on the street. The following information is what I've found out over time and what I encountered installing it in a 1979 Z28 Camaro.

The 700R4, 4L60, and 4L60E have the same external dimensions and case. The 4L60E is the electronic controlled version of the 700R4 / 4L60. The transmission has the following dimensions and gear ratios

Case to ext HousingOverall LengthBellhousing to mount
23 3/8"30 3/4"22 3/8"

xtremexj

sirch noob.... :D

Thanks - smart ass! LOL. I already know the particulars of the trans, but those are the same dimensions I already found but something isn't sitting right about the overall length. The overall is for a car trans, but I'm fairly sure that the t/case adapter isn't the same length as a 2wd extension housing. I'll try and find more info by SEARCHING some more. :p

N8RB8R

Thanks - smart ass! LOL. I already know the particulars of the trans, but those are the same dimensions I already found but something isn't sitting right about the overall length. The overall is for a car trans, but I'm fairly sure that the t/case adapter isn't the same length as a 2wd extension housing. I'll try and find more info by SEARCHING some more. :p
I have a 2005 4L60E in the shop, I will get you those measurements by tomorrow.

N8RB8R

The bell housing width is about 17.5" wide, tail housing is approx 7" wide and the overall length from front of bell housing to where the factory transfer case mounts is 26.5". If you need any more measurments I would be more than happy to get them for you.

xtremexj

The bell housing width is about 17.5" wide, tail housing is approx 7" wide and the overall length from front of bell housing to where the factory transfer case mounts is 26.5". If you need any more measurments I would be more than happy to get them for you.

Very much appreciated.:D The only other measurements I wouldn't mind are the length of the bellhousing to the front of the main body of the case, the overall height of the bellhousing from tranny pan to top, and height at the middle of the trans from the pan up. That should give me everything I need to do a basic mock-up. Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to help a brotha out.:cool: