4Runner progress

shortstraw8

ummmmmm.........not to be rude but if you don't know what the difference is time wise, knowledge wise, parts wise, the equipment needed, and the welding skills requireds to do a custom 5 link suspension versus a leaf spring set-up I would definitely stick with leaf springs.

Seriously.

First off I have never done SAS before and was not sure what time frame I was looking at and was not sure if they made a SAS "kit" for a 91 4runner like I said I have not yet done any research and figured I would start here. If I know that all brackets and mounts are going to have to be fabricated then it is obviously going to take alot longer than just buying a kit that has measurements already set out. I know if I am going to build this it better run straight down the road. And I would probobly take 2 days alone to make sure all measuring is going to workout. As far as welding goes I can weld took it all three years in high school and have done 95% of the welding on my jeep when I did the SOA, tube frame fenders, rear bumper, have done a number of "custom" exhausts for friends.
It's a matter of finding some one with all the (time wise, knowledge wise, parts wise) so maybe they can give me an idea of what and where to go so I don't have to make the same mistakes.
Hopefully this is all made clear so if you have done a SAS w/coil springs on a 4runner I would still appreciate any suggestions that would make this easier.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Greg,
that looks a lot closer to "trail ready" than you implied when we were talking... :)

I think you need to get out and enjoy it!!!

beside being newly married don't forget a 4 runner is a great family wheeler. :D :greg: (Dtoy can haul the wife and 4 kids in his. ;))

GO FIND A ROCK to drive up it!!!

Meat_

Banned
James K said:
I work from home. I can see the pics of his hiking trip and his new house :confused:

Wierd.... they are hosted on the same server....

Did you see them yet? Try pushing Ctrl + F5 on the first page.

I can send them to you if all else fails.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
shortstraw8 said:
First off I have never done SAS before .... I would still appreciate any suggestions that would make this easier.

Here's my suggestion. Start your *own* thread about your buddies SAS. Quit hijacking mine! -_-

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Jinx said:
Greg,
that looks a lot closer to "trail ready" than you implied when we were talking... :)

I think you need to get out and enjoy it!!!

beside being newly married don't forget a 4 runner is a great family wheeler. :D :greg: (Dtoy can haul the wife and 4 kids in his. ;))

GO FIND A ROCK to drive up it!!!

Yeah, it's pretty close. I just need a few more parts & it'll be there. I really dig the 4Runner, hopefully I'll keep this one as it is & have it for sometime.