4Runner

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Ok, heres my delima. I have a 89' 4runner that i have put together. Got it from a friend that bought it of KSL. Got it all put together ready to start taking out. Went to DMV to reg it, and low and behold it has a lien on it. Was able to do some research on it and found the guy that sold it to my friend. He never got it reg in his name. He got it from his cousin that got it from a friend. The friend he got it from is the lien holder on it. The kid still owes him $1500 bucks and wont let it go to me. Cant say i blame him but, i told him that when i got it it was a stripped unit. He said that when he last saw it, it was a good running truck. He said that if i wanted him to come get it he would. Told him to bring a trailer that it would be a bare carcass. My bad for not researching this before i started this.

What im looking for is a stripped carcuss that i can get reg, with title for a good price. If anyone has one or knows where one is that would be great. Please let me know. If not im going to start parting it out. I'll give it a week or so, but i want to see this thing gone. Dont want anything to do with it anymore. Thanks Dwayne

193kyle

I know there is a guy in layton that was parting out an 88 4runner, i bought a couple things from him a couple weeks ago. I think he wanted $200 for what was left of it. I don't know if he still has it though. worth a try

4x4addiction

dwayne i think that 88 in layton has no title and one quarter panel is cut out if its the right one they are talking about

Chevycrew

We cut the roof off mine, and sent the bare carcass to the crusher.

I didnt think to save the vin # when it went.

Sorry.

ricsrx

If you strip enough off of the one you have then the tub i have would work.
I dont have a frame avalible. Just the tub with title

Rick

Last edited:

cheepin

You have the rig all complete and running now?I would think it maybe worth it to pay the $1500 to the kid and get the title.Did you try to get him to take less?