Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I have driven both mass air and SD cars. The SD motors seem to hold the rppm's up high and come down reall slow when you burp the throttle. To me this is enough to do Mass Air. A bouncing foot on the throttle could create a problem with the SD.

Depending on Bart, I vote for Vbelts. Custom brackets are easy, shorter overall length, can keep the pump and alt low, plenty of pulleys to choose from, easy to have spares, and easy to change in a hurry if needed.

Just my $.02 ;)

Bart

Yep, leaning toward V belts. Okay guys, which injectors do I use. I need to buy some today. Should I just go with stock?

SnwMnkys

What mods do you plan to do to the motor? 14 lbs/hr is stock for NON HO 5.0 motors. 19 lbs/hr is stock for the HO motor. I would put 24s in just in case you decide to add a little bit better cam or intake in the future. Cobras came stock with these injectors. Im running 30s on my 351W and all it has is mild Isky Cam, but ill have the room in the future if i want to add heads or a bigger cam. Im running a Serpentine setup, i like having just one belt, it makes your choices for power steering pumps limited though, you can get a Canned ham saginaw pump out of a 80s van. From what ive read, it only comes in the van, no trucks or cars had it.

Bart

SnwMnkys said:
What mods do you plan to do to the motor? 14 lbs/hr is stock for NON HO 5.0 motors. 19 lbs/hr is stock for the HO motor. I would put 24s in just in case you decide to add a little bit better cam or intake in the future. Cobras came stock with these injectors. Im running 30s on my 351W and all it has is mild Isky Cam, but ill have the room in the future if i want to add heads or a bigger cam. Im running a Serpentine setup, i like having just one belt, it makes your choices for power steering pumps limited though, you can get a Canned ham saginaw pump out of a 80s van. From what ive read, it only comes in the van, no trucks or cars had it.

I may add a cam down the road, but for now, could I run 19# and get away with it? Thanks for the input on the belts. I'm thinking space will dictate this.

SnwMnkys

Are you buying injectors or theyre already on the motor? If your buying some now i would just order the 24s. Theres a guy who sells a new set on Ebay for $190. Depending on the specs on the cam, it may put those stock 19 injectors close to there max duty cycle.

Bart

SnwMnkys said:
Are you buying injectors or theyre already on the motor? If your buying some now i would just order the 24s. Theres a guy who sells a new set on Ebay for $190. Depending on the specs on the cam, it may put those stock 19 injectors close to there max duty cycle.

Yes, I'm buying some. The motor came with the 14s. They are in bad shape and new ones or decent used ones are required. I don't know when I'll be adding the cam. Would the 24s be too much for the motor without the cam?