5.29 or 5.71 Toyota gears

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
$192 for brand new?? That seems like the way to go if you are set in 5.71. 5.29 you'll probably find used but it might be a while before you see used .71's.

airmanwilliams

$192 for brand new?? That seems like the way to go if you are set in 5.71. 5.29 you'll probably find used but it might be a while before you see used .71's.

Yup looks like I'll be getting those new. I'll be lowering the price on our neon this week to hopefully buy those, front coils, and a couple sets of coil mounts

airmanwilliams

I'm really between right now because the 5.71's are closer to my 5.625's I have now and would make my speedometer off around 1-2 mph and the 5.29's would be higher and make it off around 5 or more mph

airmanwilliams

ME TOO, ME TOO. I believe Steve tried to talk me out of it too, and I didn't listen. Now part of me wishes that I had.

As of right now I cannot find a new 5.625 ring and pinion to replace the one in the rear so the goal as of right now is to get a 2nd gen 4runner rear axle and install 5.71 gears, move the coil buckets out, install lifted sidekick coils I just got, and cut down some trailslayer links I found to put in the rear and make a new upper control arm and bracket. I will run the 4runner rear axle with my front sidekick ifs for awhile until I decide if I want to finish getting the rest of what I need for a front toyota axle sas or leave it ifs and install some heavier toyota ifs parts as some others have done on some builds I am following.