5.71's

4Runner

i just have a question my 4runner is a 94, has the 3.0, 5 speed and a 2.5 inch lift with 33 swampers. i have a chance to buy some 5.71 gears. and i was wondering if that is to low for a day to day truck for the free way and all that. and how you guys like that low of a gear. thanks

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
i had the same year pick up with those specs that had 35's and 5:29's and the rpms were a tad high. it was fun to drive though even the 3.0 felt like a power monster. you can get 4:56's out of some 4 runners from the factory.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
My '94 3.0 has factory 4.56's and 31's, and I wouldn't want a deeper gear.

For 33's, 5.71's would definitely make you unhappy on the highway.

4Runner

ok sounds good. if anyone is looking for that low of a gear their on ksl for only 50 bucks a peace. not sure if it front and back. thanks for the help ever one

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
3500 rpm's for 71mph is really high and milage would go down, like everyone has said 4.88's would be best for what your doing, but i like better gas milage so i run 4.10's i cruise the freeway at 2000 at 72mph.
I figure its better and more effective to gear the transfercase down than the axles

4Runner

thats funny because at 70 or so that puts me at like 3,100 rpms and thats just the stock gears for 33? what does that mean? from what trailbazer said that would mean i would be higher then 4.88 gears? right? sorry about all this im very new to this kinda stuff and want my rig as good as i can get it this year. thank you all for your help:)

iamsparticus

Well you have to consider that now that your tires are bigger and your speedo is off, meaning that your speedo says your going 70 but really your going faster. Watch out for cops. The lowest gears you 4runner came with are 4.88s and that would put you at 72mph at 3000rpms. If your original tires from the factory were the 225/75/15's then your really going 82, if your original tires were 31's then your really going 74.5 but that all depends on what gear ratio you really have

4Runner

it must be off a ton because that is with the gauge on 65 i figured that bigger tires would be about five miles an hour diffrence

iamsparticus

A PM is a private message click on a a user name and it will show a option of sending them a private message click it and write a message and send it to them only they will see it you have a inbox that messages go to