Report 5 Best North American Overland Vehicles

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Pangaea Expeditions has been involved in the North American overland market for over 10 years now. Their latest article covers the vehicles that are in their opinion the 'Best of North America" for overland uses. I'm honored to not only have a vehicle that made the list but the vehicle they chose to represent in their article.

You can read the article here:
5 Best North American Overland Vehicles by Pangaea Expeditions

As you can imagine there has been quite a bit of discontent over their vehicle choices, remember that this is the opinion, you are welcome to your own :D

To contrast they also did a 'Best in the World', you can read that article here: 5 Best Overland Vehicles Ever

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
(Great, as if his ego wasn't already huge. Now we have to listen to him talk about how he has the greatest overland vehicle in North America. Fantastic!)

Oh, hey Kurt! That's awesome man! Just great! :p

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Nice work man.

How much does the American g-wagon share with the one on that list? I imagine not a ton as it's more of a posh soccer mobile here.

Also Kurt, per our conversation the other day, I did some research on the 05+ Taco. The Access Cab is only 4.4 inches wider and 5.8 inches longer than the 4 door version of the previous body style. The 4 door of the newer style is much longer however. You may have already known that, but I was surprised the access cab was as close as it is.

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Its hard to argue with that list :cool:

I know its just for fun, but I was surprised to see the new 4runner there. Not that its unworthy but it really hasn't been out long enough to make that call imo...

I'm wishing I could have anything from the best ever list :chris:

Edit: Just noticed the 4Runner being an honorable mention not placed in the 5 best...

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
How much does the American g-wagon share with the one on that list? I imagine not a ton as it's more of a posh soccer mobile her.

suprisingly its pretty simular, my brother is a gwagon nut. the axles are the same, they all have standard locking diffs, the only differance is motor options, over there they have diesel, and i think a v12 option.

the us spec g55 does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds... pretty impressive with a solid axle.

other than that i dont personally care for them, working on them is a pain, parts are expensive and the birf shafts are simular in size to a honda civic cv joint

Caleb

That's pretty cool Kurt, but then again, we all already knew your truck was badass :p

I have 1.5 of the vehicles on the list (Tacoma and an LR3, that's the 1/2 :D)

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Like anything else very subjective. I remember in 1976 the IH Travelall was listed number one in a list like this and the Land Rovers were not listed at all.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The 110 is usually diesel in other countries, what about those diesel motors makes them "illegal" to import?

Not EPA compliant, much like 90% of Toyota's worldwide lineup, no airbags, no DOT marked light bulbs (obviously being facetious) but the point is automakers have to work harder to make a vehicle meet US standards and often choose not to. This is why you see very few light diesels in the US market.

eboekweg

Man, I would trade both my 80 series and 100 series for a 70 series Land Cruiser! Great article and way to represent Kurt!