63 inch chevys for toys

cletus

im debating on doing the 63 in chevy rears on the rear of my yota. It seems like alot of people are having great success with this setup. if youve seen this done give me your two cents on it. im running full width with the trail gear 5" leafs up front with 1.5" longer shackle. how much lift would they give me? and do they flex like the trail gears do. or would i be better off buying the T.G. leafs

My Ride Sux

My buddy and me just completed the 63" chevy swap on our Toys. It gave us around a 3 to 3.5 inch lift. Flexing gave us about 8 inches more articulation. Price is cheaper than the T.G leafs. Springs around 50 bucks, 35 for T.G. Front mounts, 30 for T.G. Shackle mounts. Or just make your own. Takes a little time but I would recommend. The ride is smooth like a Caddy.

turbohaulic

I don't know it just is!
I like my 63" chevy's, they give you more flex, they eliminate having to use a block, and they give your truck a really nice smooth ride. I bought the leafs for $40, the mounts for $65 for both front and rear (they would be fairly easy to make if your on a budget.) The stock U-bolts will work if you don't need to run a block, but you have to shave a little on the inside of the U-bolt. I recomend doing a U-bolt flip kit.

Lizard Lips

I run 63's and so does my bro. I swapped them in for my old 52's. I used to drag them and the 14 bolt. I think i'm just going to 4link it and be done with it. The 14 bolt lets you use all kinds of gas if you get hung up on something.