79 f 150 high boy

Xploderkid97

Ok here is the situation- ive got a buddy with a f 150 highboy (79 i believe) that he bought with intentions of using parts on it- but he has decided to go a different route and needing it gone- and i have been put in charge of parting it out.

so here are my questions- what are the vital parts in it? and what are they worth? I already have dibs on the rear axle- but i need to part out the rest for as much as i can. any suggestions or ideas on what i can get out of it?

Mug

PHORmerly
Any pics?

I might be interested in the front axle if it's a driver's side diff. And as long as you're asking for advice, they're not worth much, so I'll take it off your hands for $20:D:D:D

Xploderkid97

ok- well i will be posting up some stuff from it as soon as i get the time to disassemble it all- will i get more out of it if i dont part it out and sell it? it runs and drives- And is the the lift on it worth anything? if i remember correctly it has a 4 inch rancho lift.

P.H.O.R i will post pics as soon as i can get up to the truck- it is up in alpine and im down in provo right now with midterms keeping me busy. It is driver side drop, but i think i will out bid you on your 20 and keep the axle for myself :D

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
No such thing as a 79 highboy :p

The 79's are far my favorite year for Fords.

Lift maybe $150 if it includes the coils and drop pitman arm.

Front axle $100-$250 if its in great condition. The drivers side high pinion is somewhat desirable to the right person.

Trans and t-case--hard to say manual or auto either way not much more than $100 if they're in good condition.

Toad

Rot box is right no such thing as a 79 highboy. Highboys were only f-250 models. Ended 77 1/2 model year. They changed to a married t-case and switched to a high pinion 44 and lowered the truck about 3 inches. Somewhere I heard that the c-bushing mounts on the 78-79 axle are a cast part of the tube so they cant just be cut of.

Xploderkid97

p.h.o.r. yes it is the green one with the big sticker in the back window- hence why i thought a highboy- i actually dont even know what makes a highboy a highboy (is it pinions?)

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Its an F250 with a factory lift. A larger knuckle D60, and a couple other small details. But pretty much everyone calls any 67-79 Ford truck a Highboy just because of the body style.

I have seen people cut the C-bushing mounts off, but I believe it does weaken the tubes.