8.8 swap

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Depending on where your pinion angle sits at now, you may want to worry more about adjusting your lower arms first. With adjustable uppers your lower pivot point won't change and the axle will still sit forward at the lower point. How far forward is it sitting? Keep in mind that as you articulate the wheel goes backward and up into the wheel well.

grandmaster

Let the build Re-begin
I'm guessing the reason the back is sitting higher then the front is due to the brackets that were welded onto the rear, if they don't sit exactly the same hight as they were on your 35 or 44a then it is going to sit higher....and if you put new springs that could also contribute to the height in the rear. As for the adjjustable uppers, I would throw them in to get your pinion angle where you want it, definately won't hurt. But like blackzj said, it's not going to affect how far forward your rear axle sits, that's the sign for adjustable lowers.....or better yet, long arms :)

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I'm guessing the reason the back is sitting higher then the front is due to the brackets that were welded onto the rear, if they don't sit exactly the same hight as they were on your 35 or 44a then it is going to sit higher....and if you put new springs that could also contribute to the height in the rear. As for the adjjustable uppers, I would throw them in to get your pinion angle where you want it, definately won't hurt. But like blackzj said, it's not going to affect how far forward your rear axle sits, that's the sign for adjustable lowers.....or better yet, long arms :)

He made it sound like he was installing a 3in long arm setup, but I could be mistaken.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
The 8.8 has larger axle tubes than most other axles, that will account for probably 1/2" or more of lift by itself--plus any extra gained by non-stock brackets.

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Depending on where your pinion angle sits at now, you may want to worry more about adjusting your lower arms first. With adjustable uppers your lower pivot point won't change and the axle will still sit forward at the lower point. How far forward is it sitting? Keep in mind that as you articulate the wheel goes backward and up into the wheel well.

I know it's going to go back as I articulate, but right now I've got about an inch and a half between the front of the fender well and the front of the tire, and about five inches between the back of the fender well and back of the tire.

Which gear ratio and LSD/Locker setup did you go with for the 8.8?

It's got 4.10's and a lockright in it...that's how it was when I got it.

I just put the tera 3" with the long lowers on. The 8.8 isn't in yet because I'm a slacker :rolleyes:

Good to know about the added heighth from the axle tubes and brackets though, guys, I didn't even think about that. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
it's a 44a, and it's already pretty much broken, lol. The fluid looks more like silver model paint :cool:

...and they're 32's, come on ;)