8 Hours of testing!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I took my FE (Fundementals of Engineering) exam yesterday. What a joy it was, 8 hours, 180 problems, and numbing silence. :rolleyes: 2 more weeks and I am a free man! A college graduate... :cool:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
James K said:
wow, feel you did well?

Yeah, not too sure how well, but I think I did OK. The hard part is the fact that the first 4 hour test (120 problems) covers every aspect of engineering, civil, mechanical, environmental, electrical, etc. This in addition to a little bit from every class I have had for the past 4 years... :eek: I studied ~30 hours in the last week, but not enough.

The only thing you get to take into the room with you is a basic calculator (nothing with memory, etc), and some snacks. No notes, no reference manuals, nothing. They give you a formula handbook that literally has 1000's of formulas and tables in it, you just have to choose with one(s) to use for each given problem.

The test didn't kill me as bad as I had expected, the silence did. All I could hear was 200 pencils scratching away in a giant hall... :sick:

ALF

SURE!?
What are you planning to do with your degree? Seems like they are constantly looking for engineers around here if you are interested I could start sending you the internal postings.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
I'm sure you did fine. I took it last spring, studied for about two hours the day before. I felt like I did pretty good. It sucks they don't tell you your score if you pass though.

rjmax

The other Paco
I'm sure you did alright. I took it a few years back and did pretty good and I didn't study as much as I should have. Now, you have to put all those formulas to work to bring home the bacon. Good luck and congratulations! A ton of hard work for sure.

jgw50

Yeah, the worse part is the hard metal chair. I actually brought in a pillow! Unlike RJmax, I really had one thing come up at work that I couldent do on a piece of scratch paper. I think it all just depends on what kind of engineering job you get!

chadr

What engineering field are you going into? That's awesome that you made it that far.

I had an oportunity to go back to school about 4 years ago at my employers expense, but it was right at the time that I had started a family and would have had to sell my home and such to make ends meet. I also would have been there for another 5 years part time. If I go back, I think that I will become a licensed Surveyor. I think that I only have about 13 credits left and then the test. I already had the experience under my belt and out of the way. That seems a lot better to me.

Congratulations.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'm graduating in Mechanical Engineering... I plan to go back to Redwood High (SLCC) this summer to finish up my AS Business Managment, and possibly back to the U for an MBA... if I can bare any more school (and $$$)