84' GM 60, good builder axle?

SSR

Agreed on the use. Mine has 27 spline outputs and 1350 joints. I wouldn't want to drop to 1310s to accommodate the drivers drop. I'd rather have my new axle retubed to a passenger drop. Sorry. There is a good chance I will sell me passenger drop front axle with 5.38s, Detroit, and 3 of the 4 are alloy shafts. I'm still trying to decide if I would match the lengths and keep my Detroit and shafts. I won't be doing anything until this winter so if you're going to move forward before that I can't help.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect you would want to run the 1310 yolks. No worries at all, I'll either sell the Atlas or buy a driver 60.

Bart

My first Atlas was a 4.0 with the same outputs and yolks that you have. I hammered on it a LOT. I ran it in 3 comp rigs, including the Factory Tubular rig, over 5 years and never suffered a failure. Don't discount what you have, it is an amazing transfer case.

SSR

My first Atlas was a 4.0 with the same outputs and yolks that you have. I hammered on it a LOT. I ran it in 3 comp rigs, including the Factory Tubular rig, over 5 years and never suffered a failure. Don't discount what you have, it is an amazing transfer case.

That's great to hear they are so robust, I plan to stick with an Atlas. To run this t-case I will need to change it to 27 spline (or possibly 32) input shaft and 1350 yolks, should be around $300 in parts from AA. Anyone interested in taking a GM passenger 60 in partial trade toward a driver 60 PM me, we can discuss details. I would prefer one of those gold plated 78-79 if anyone has one.

SSR

someone already snagged the D60?

If it had a D60 someone must have already upgraded to the 44. I reached out to him last night and asked if he could take a picture of the axle knuckle. He replied with "If your wondering if it's the Dana60 or Dana44, it's a 44".

At this point I'm just going off his word, he sounded very confident he knew what he was talking about.