Toyota 84 toyota motor swap

natas

So its come time i am sick of my gut less 22r. looking for the guys that have swapped different motor in these pick ups ive read all the pbb swaps but i want to here what motor is the better swap. The truck is an 84 22r has 6'' allpro front chevy rears twin cases with 4.7 in the front case 4.88 in diff detroit rear and aussie front on 37'' mtrs. I want power and ease of finding parts and want to keep my cases maybe swap into an auto trans tell me whats best in your mind
Thanks Ryan

schaeferNsons

Dirt Hedz Offroad Club
i would do a chevy 4.3l and a 700r4 and the advance adapter, adapter to the toyota cases, or if you prefer a toyota motor the 4.ol lexus v8 with the trans out of the ls400 with the inch worm adapter to go to the gear driven toyota cases but that my 2 cents

sixstringsteve

I would do the 2.7L toyota 4 cyl from the tacomas (if you want to keep it light) or the 3.4L v6 from the tacomas if you want power

I have an adapter to put your toyota cases to a chevy TH350/700r4. I paid too much for it but I'll give it to ya for a deal if you need it.

As a matter of fact I have a TBI 4.3L, TH350, and the adapter. Is $600 for everything

Last edited: