85 Linked Xtra Cab Build

Picked this up a while ago and haven't posted anything so here is a quick build.

How I picked it up. High pinion 44 front 9" rear on 35's 5 or 7" springs front. and 52" chevy springs rear.

crossmember

Took off the front leafs. Went to 3 link with a panhard. and hydro assist. 14" coilovers

then moved to the back. bob 17.5" out of the bed.

4 linked the rear. 12" kings w/ aerostar coils. Will be a swaybar once I get to it. Cycled suspension.

some more of the rear suspension.

Shocks charged and cycled all suspension. Still need a good 4.3 and the rest of the tube work. Will get better pics of some things in the next few days.

Trate D

Nice build. It was funny I seen these pics and said to myself... I seen that at the gas station in Spanish fork on a trailer. Then I look and can see the front if my chevy in the pic. Looks like a nice 4 runner too.

R

rockdog

Nice truck. I'm building something similar. I'll post some pics in a couple of weeks.

Thanks Guys

here a pic of that 4runner. since this pic its got bumpers and shock hoops and cut the crap out of the body. tons and 42's probably getting an LS swap soon.

Nice build. It was funny I seen these pics and said to myself... I seen that at the gas station in Spanish fork on a trailer. Then I look and can see the front if my chevy in the pic. Looks like a nice 4 runner too.

picked it up in provo a while back. Got real busy at work at it sat in the garage doing nothing.

blznnp

Cool looking rigs. The first real big truck I rode in was my brothers 4 runner, same body as that one and it was on 40"-42" tires.

no much progress lately. Been super busy with work. picked up a master cylinder. and a oil pan for it. Need to run the brakes and fuel lines. maybe get something done next week.

bought this last week and then picked a d44 front and some suspensions also. I'm in to all of it for about 1100.

did a little work the other day. Got a master cylinder from a mid 90's truck with a 3.0. I believe it has a 1" bore. someone correct me if I'm wrong. Clearance under from my shock mounts.

And then here the motor in. Still need to take the fan off and wire it up.

finally worked on this thing a little bit. mounted the seats and built some sliders. Also put on a tripple stick. Upgraded the rear case to 23 spline.

finally did a little work on it. Between working too much and it being hot as satans panties.
Took the bed off. cleaned up the frame. welded a few braces it.