'86 Toyota Xtra Cab Truggy - $5800

madcow246

'86 Toyota Xtra Cab Truggy - SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD

1986 Toyota Xtra Cab Rock Crawler - $5800.00

OVER $9000 in PARTS... and it's already built and ready to CRAWL!!! - Pick it up and head directly to the nearest hard-core trail!

Spring Over Axle (SAS) conversion - '85 front axle
Chevy Vortec V6
4L60E automatic transmission
NP241 Transfer Case
39" Michelin regroovable tires (5)
16" true beadlock wheels (4)
Toyota E-Lockers front and rear with "12 Volt Guy" wiring kit
Longfield chromoly axles
5.29:1 gear sets
Hydraulic Assist Ram
Chevy (much longer) leaf springs -- long travel!
Bilstein Shocks
Trail Gear long spline front driveshaft
4 Wheel Disc Brakes
Full Roll Cage
Racing Style 5 Point Harnesses
Bucket seats
8000lb Ramsey Winch w/ synthetic rope and aluminum fairlead
2 sets of doors - Full Doors and Rock Crawler Tube Doors
New Windshield
Tinted Lexan Xtra Cab windows
High Lift Jack included

Off Road Only - not street legal

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES, AND NOT DESPERATE TO SELL (no low-ball offers)

Call or Text - John - 970 274 1797
Located in Basalt, Colorado

Last edited:

zukijames

For street legal smog with motor swaps can be a aim if the motor isn't by the same manufactur .

I'd think this rig is colorado street legal if it had mud flaps

littlyota

This think is sick, if only I were in the states. Exactly what I have been looking for. Does the heater or a/c work? If not, is it all still there?

madcow246

The heater still works just fine, but the a/c system is not complete, although most of it is still present. As for street legal, primarily it is the fact that there are no tail lights, but true beadlock wheels and no mudflaps are an issue in Utah (Colorado is much more lenient, but the beadlocks are illegal), and depending on location, bumpers may be required. Utah would definitely require a smog check, and with no catalytic converter, it would not pass. The motor is much newer than the vehicle ('93), which is typically the requirement for a legal engine swap.
I'll gladly accept the lack of legality for the significant increase in power - it will easily spin all 4 tires in the rocks, which makes for a stickier tire once they heat up!

littlyota

This thing is so perfect. throw a 4-link under the rear and have a sick ass rig!!!!!!!! I really want a truggy. Anyone want a built 4runner?

madcow246

It took a fair amount of work to get it from where I bought it to where it is today, but it was a prettty good platform to begin with. Now that everything works, the ONLY functional thing I would change is the rear suspension --- Yup, 4-Link --- but I'm gonna leave that for the next owner. For now I'm trying to get my FJ40 finished... pretty close, but it's all gotta come apart for paint :rolleyes:

madcow246

I was a bit skeptical about these tires when I bought the rig, but a 3 or 4 psi, they flex and grip pretty darned good!

Here's a few more pics:

Attachments

• 86 Truggy 1.JPG
    86 Truggy 1.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 86 Truggy 3.JPG
    86 Truggy 3.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 86 Truggy 6.JPG
    86 Truggy 6.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 86 Truggy 7.JPG