89 sami build

marvin

ZINGER
I have a 89 sami that I was trying to sell for other projects, but the other projects would sell before I could sell mine, so today with some help form my club buddies we pulled a 4.3n TBI from a gmc mini van(what a pain in the rear), this will be my new power plant, I will also be usuing the tranny out of the same van, the transfer case will be the stock sami one for now, I will be putting dana 44s and 36 inch tires under it, 3 inch body lift, I hope to have the engine and tranny installed and running before EJS, I will then put the axles and tires on after that.
Tomorrow I pull in the sami and rip out the engine, I will then keep you posted on progress along with pics.

Dixon

RP Are you doing any thing monday night. I'm home tonight just give me a call if your working out in the garage.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
a built toyota axle is much stronger then abuilt 44... but if you already have them then cool

I do believe those new longfields are pretty sweet, but I wouldn't settle for a weaker ring and pinion; and don't say they aren't weak, because they are missing from every junkyard:rolleyes: I run 44's and have broken only 1 shaft w/36's. I know guys with toys and the same combo and they break ring and pinions about every 6 months if they have longfields.

marvin

ZINGER
RP Are you doing any thing monday night. I'm home tonight just give me a call if your working out in the garage.
Still trying to get the tranny out, almost there, I have to do some remodeling at work this week so I will not be moving the sami in until next Monday or Tuesday, most likley tues because I will be driving back from Misquite on monday,I will be off work until the 20th so I will be working on it everyday until then, if the garage light is on or the door is open Im there:)

marvin

ZINGER
started the tear down tonight, had to get another sami repaired first, it is on the road now, pulled mine in and by tomorrow i should have the gut all out and the body lifted so i can start the prosess of puttin in the v6 and tranny, I will keep you posted on progress hopefully with pics

marvin

ZINGER
well it is all out, just need a few cosmetics done, hopefully with the 3 inch body lift I wont have to redo the tunnel, tried to post pics but no luck

ALF

SURE!?
Tear down. Looking Good RP keep the pics coming and hurry and get it done so we can test it out. When you come up maybe we could try some more Nitrous Shots;)

Last edited: