9/11

Kramnden

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking about the tragedy that took place on September 11, 2001. Seven years ago I was 15 and didn't pay too much attention to current events. I didn't realize what a big deal it was to be attacked on our soil. I didn't realize how many innocent people lost their lives. Anyway, listening to the radio and hearing how passionate the hosts and news anchors were when talking about 9/11 inspired me to start up a thread and get all of your input on the attacks seven years ago.

God Bless America.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Hey it's a good day...I get off work for a week today, the Saudis walked out on an OPEC meeting because they didn't wanna play with the rest of the chumps in OPEC to artificially keep oil over a hundred bucks a barrel. Today is a good day.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I remember watching the attacks on TV in high school also, and I can't forget the silence as we watched the second plane hit. It's a sad day for my wife her family lost a very close friend in one of the towers...

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I also sat in class and watched the second plane hit. When the reports and coverage of the plane that hit the Pentagon came through, I wondered if my grandparents were there that day(They worked in and out of the Pentagon on a daily basis then)... So that made the event hit close to home. Luckily they had that day off, and were elsewhere from the attack.

Unfortunate events.

X

XT Utah

I was living in NJ when this happened.

Prior to all of this some of my co-workers used to see Mohammed Atta and his buddy at a local deli during lunch. Not surprisingly, these two guys came across as real a$$holes.

Little known fact - One of my coworker's brothers was a cop in Paterson, NJ. The night of Sept 11th, he was called, along with lots of other cops, to protect the muslim community in Paterson. Why, you ask? Because they were partying in the streets. Yes, partying & celebrating the attacks.

:-\

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Sitting in the Russian River fly fishing and had no idea until I got back to the Base about 3 hours later, went right to our alternate command center and worked in my waders for the next 17 days, had the ole wifey bring some clothes and a uniform pretty quick.

Nothing looks goofier than a fat white guy in waders, a fly vest, a flannel and a gun on his hip....

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I was living in the dorms at the U. I was asleep and my phone rang. One of my best friends said, "They just attacked the Pentagon." I about fell off my lofted bed to turn on the TV just in time to see the second tower get hit. My friend on the phone had signed up for the Marines on September 8th. I was a little worried for him.
That day on campus their were already peace protests and chalk graffiti everywhere. I was livid.

Bart

I was watching it on TV before going to work. Just sat there in disbelief, then saw the second plane hit. Went to work about 2 hours after that and watched it on TV there for a few hours, then went home. Just a numbing experience.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I was in Hartford, CT. Watched the second plane hit, and both towers fall. Thought of how messed up things were going to be from now on, and felt intensely sad for my then-month-old daughter. And now we are living with awesome results: gas prices, war, TSA, Homeland Security etc etc.

Later in the day, near Bristol, CT, I had to restrain myself from punching a guy in a Borders bookstore who was going on and on about how we deserved it and had it coming, etc etc.

Amazingly, out of maybe 20 people my wife and I know that worked there (she's from Long Island, I used to live in NYC), no one went to work that day. One of her distant cousins was a fireman and died in the first tower though.

And I'm still pissed about all of it.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I had only been retired from the Navy for 2 months an listening to the radio on my drive to work. I just couldn't believe it. Can't say where I worked but for the next two days was informed I was non-essential personnel and to stay home. All I could do was watch the ongoing news and read every detail online. And I kept listening for the phone thinking I'd be recalled. I know close friends that lost frineds and family that day, I think a lot of us do. I still get angry, and I still feel that pain.

I'll be quiet now...

jpest

Anti-Social Networking
I was finishing an early morning job on my way back home. I was listening to sports talk radio and they announced the first plane hit. I thought it was a radio DJ bit or an accident. Got home and watched the second plane hit then figured out it was no accident.

I was stunned. Everyone at the shop was very quiet that day. As the day went on and we figured out who did it I was very happy we had the Commander in Chief that had just been elected. I knew he would not let them get away with it

I hope President Bush Can get bin laden before he leaves office. I know he's trying more than ever.

CJ Matt

I was QA at Aviano AB, Italy and was on the flight line all day. I came into the office and it was on the news, we got a British news channel. The second plane had already hit and then came news that the Pentagon was hit. I went home changed and went back to base for a class. I was told to go home and stay there until further notice. I have never been around a group of people so ready to go anywhere at a moments notice and put their lives on the line in defense of our country. It was disappointing not to be one of the first units called to go. 7 years later and I am still active duty and I will never forget that day.

kbjames

I was out golfing that morning, when my buddy got the call on the 12th hole.....At first we had no clue was he was talking about because he said the world trade center was gone...

Got to work and no one was working. When I finally got home and saw the middle-eastern-ites partying and yukking it up, that really got my blood boiling.

And as usual....leave it up to the biggest douchebag on the planet to turn it into poltical mockery.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26645619/

Last edited: