92 4runner build

Beeya

dude it feels great. I have it almost all taped back up now. Im gonna do a real clean route and then plug it all back in and see if Im still good. Then I just gotta make the conections for everything to be turn key. Starter and fuel and Im all set. If I can get all that dont tonight Im going to put on the front lift and TG power steering tomorrow. Im also going to make sure I have all the fluid levels in the right place too. Im trying to make sure that I go slow and focused, but its going to be hard not to try to get everything done so I can test it all out.

Beeya

this one is last night. I still have to get the radiator in there, and hook up the a/c. I also still have to cut a hole for the clutch pedal so I didnt bolt the coil/o2 wires all the way in yet.
all of that will be done today tho.

Attachments

• 4runner little more left.jpg
    4runner little more left.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
It is looking good, so i under stand if u like the stiffer ride for with leafs but i load up mine with three people and gear and it wheels the same i think the bad experiences come from the procomp coils that are way to soft i use the FJ80 coils and they are stiffer, perfect for a lifted rig, glad u got the electrical problem fixed can't wait to see it wheel!

Beeya

the clutch cylender is in too. In this picture its laying accross the engine. Remember this truck used to be an automatic. I put the clutch all the way in last night and all i have left to do in the engine bay is wire the electic fan into the cab.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 13

Beeya

the pictures that I have been waiting to post for a while!!! here it is kwith the front lift and the axle in. The back tires are off the ground about 6" and its still 2 or so in. low in the rear. its bigger than I thought it was going to be. I love it.

Attachments

• just axle.jpeg
    just axle.jpeg
    24.5 KB · Views: 18
  • with tires.jpeg
    with tires.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 16
  • front.jpeg
    front.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 14
  • no shock towers.jpeg
    no shock towers.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 16

Beeya

about ready to put the rear lift in!tabs are all off. the frame is almost ready. heres a couple more pictures. It should be drivable today!

Attachments

• its gonna be big!.jpeg
    its gonna be big!.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 6
  • rear axle tabs out.jpeg
    rear axle tabs out.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
  • rear axle out.jpeg
    rear axle out.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 8

Beeya

got the lift done today. I think Im gonna re-mount the rear shackles, they had a little more droop than the front shackles did. then I just have a lot of little stuff to get ironed out. Put the inside back together, mount a few odds and ends inside and out. I have 2 sets of fog lights for evening wheeling. Soon Ill have the wires for the lockers... Im just going to buy the stuff I need from allpro unless there is someone out there that knows exactly how to wire up the e-lockers easily. I also still have to get all of the shocks and the steering stabalizer on. oh and I also still have to make the front drive shaft and get the gm alternator bracket from trail-gear. Right now the 22re dies when I turn on the headlights and heater fan, and the radiator fan on at the same time. I hope to find a good rear shaft at the junk yard when I go to drop aff all the scrap I have laying around. pictures tomorrow when its lite out. I know Im excited...! first wheeling trip should be after I get back from texas next thursday.

Beeya

p.s. IM SAS'esd now !!! It has been seriously one of the funnest and most frustrating things I have done in my whole life. SO bad ass.

Beeya

well here it is with no shocks, and I still have to move the rear shackles back about half inch or so.

Attachments

• garage.jpeg
    garage.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 19
  • driver.jpeg
    driver.jpeg
    18.2 KB · Views: 20
  • pass.jpeg
    pass.jpeg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
  • parked.jpeg
    parked.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 22

ricsrx

Nice work, I located the stock elocker ecm and switch off ebay, i liked keeping it stock, there are many wiring prints on the internet.

Beeya

didnt get anything done today... gotta leave to texas tomorrow. Im planning on buttoning everything up on thursday and taking it to bountiful to see how it does, and see if there is anything major that I need to fix before I can get it really wheelable. I ordered the GM alternator bracket today. Ill have that to do when I get back. I didnt get any of the shocks on today or the shackles moved back... either way all of that stuff goes pretty quick.

Beeya

feels pretty good. it feels like a torquey 4 cyl... not a lot of horses under there but it will have plenty of torque to get up obstacles. turns out I thought today was the 2nd... I dont leave until the third. Ill be able to get a bunch of work done tomorrow. I leave on thursday. Ill have more pictures tomorrow

Beeya

well... I got the shocks on the front, re-placed the rear shackle position. Im much happier with the rear. So I took it for a test drive. heard a tick. pulled the valve cover to find 2 broken rocker-arm adjustment screws. My guess is that the head broke from the first one and then caused a mechanical failure, breaking the second one clean off. wither way the parts are on order and I have a lot of work left to get done anyway. Oh btw I thought my texas trip was supposed to leave today... I thought yesterday was the second for some reason. Any way I leave tomorrow morning. heres some pictures.

Attachments

• with the rear re-done.jpeg
    with the rear re-done.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 9
  • rear view.jpeg
    rear view.jpeg
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
  • one completely gone.jpeg
    one completely gone.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 15
  • other with head broke off....jpeg
    other with head broke off....jpeg
    17.8 KB · Views: 15

Beeya

so its been a bit since I posted. I got everything pretty much squared up. I gotta re-build the front drive shaft tonight. The first one that I built was a cv style and it didnt quite match up the way it needed to. Plus its a little shorter than I would like. Either way, I dont have the lockers all wired up yet but I want to make sure that everything works for offroad use. Im going to take it out to american fork either saterday or sunday. Gonna see how it does up there and start getting ready for a moab trip sometime this summer.