93 F-350 What exhaust?

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
My wife bought me a new truck, a 93 f-350 4x4 with 5.8l & C-6.
The tailpipe is rusted off, I have about 4" of pipe coming out of the muffler, so I will need to get, at least, a new tailpipe, but I was thinking of a cat-back.
What have you guys had luck with, or recommend?
It is a daily driver (not every day at 11.11mpg), I will not be doing too much wheeling in it, just hunting trips, and when the snow gets too deep at the grocery store parking lot;)
Should I go with 3", or stock 2.5". I have heard (I am no expert) that too big is bad for torque (at least low end), which may be the key with this little engine.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop (preferably in Salt Lake, Davis, or Tooele counties), who does honest inexpensive work? I don't care if it is a generic muffler (I don't NEED it to be a MEGGAFLOW XJ9 muffler:rolleyes:).
I have a friend who had a good experience at Master Muffler on 78th & Redwood.

bigchev79

i would loose the cat and go a 3" witha good muffler ive done this more that once and my custmers have alwys been happy the only prob is the air tube but that can be re worked or elemated all together emmisions might be anather prob cutting the cat is kinda elegal so you might conseter punching the cat if you have emmisions.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
Thanks for the reply!

I just got under it with a tape measure today, and it already has 3" (it looked smaller to me), but the pipe in front of the muffler is bad too, so I guess it's a full cat-back. We don't have emissions in Tooele county right now, but I guess it is only going to be a matter of time, before they will start, so I wouldn't want to mess with taking out the cat (plus it is a FEDERAL rule).