93 jeep Cherokee crank no start

Greanbeans

So I just put another distributor in my jeep after the last two died on me. It ran great for about 10 minutes or so, long enough to go from riverton to about 114 south and the west side of the freeway, where it just shut off like I turned the key. Checked spark and got nothing, no power going into the coil at all. Anyone got any ideas or past experiences about what might cause a problem like this. It would be cool as its my daily driver and I need to get it running this weekend so i can make it to work and stuff on Monday. Ive replaced the coil already and i shoulda checked for voltage first but I didn't and its got nothing coming into it. Hoping its something simple and easy to fix so i can get it back on the road.

STAG

On my grind
I'd check the CPK (crankshaft position sensor). Notorious problem on these 4.0's.

When it goes out it will allow the injectors to spit fuel, but it won't give any spark.

~$45 at AutoZone. Located on the top of the transmission bellhousing at about 11 o'clock (just to the driver's side of the top)

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
It's a 3 second test to see if the relay IS the problem.
Do the injectors pulse when cranking? and does the fuel pump turn on?

Last edited:

Greanbeans

Fuel pump turns on when I turn the key on yes just pulled the codes and theres too many to keep up with. Most of them aren't important like ac system and stuff like that. But its saying my battery was disconnected in the last 50 cycles and its been months since ive pulled the battery out of it. Long enough to go more then 50 cycles

Greanbeans

8 o one , four 1 zero, 6 three 20 is my number if anyone wants to just text me cause it takes to long on here

Greanbeans

So the new reman distributor I got went out after 20 minutes of use. Cleaned my old one up and well it runs now. Only problem is my cluster has abosolutly no power to the gauges now. Gotta love jeep problems

Greanbeans

So my fuse panel is just acting up not getting a good connection. My old xj did that same thing so its whatever just gotta clean the contacts out