'95 4runner saggy rear springs -- lift?

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
I have a '95 4runner with about 200K miles on the chassis. The rear seems to be sitting kinda low these days and it's also in need of shocks. Instead of replacing the shocks and rear springs with oem ones, I thought this might be a good time to put a mild lift on it. I don't think I'm ever going to build this thing for any real offroading -- it's just my daily driver/beater. So, I'm wondering if there's a cheap way to get a mild lift out of these things. I'm a Toyota noob, so throw me a bone here, please. I heard you can get a couple of inches of lift if you crank up the torsion bars on the front and put spring helpers in the rear. Is this right? Is it advisable? Thanks

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I added leafs from another toy pack to beef up the rear pack and that ended up perking it up real well and much firmer for daily use.

Will3161

don't use the helpers that go between coils, those suck, and can fall out. I would measure the spring diameter and then find some lift pucks for it (they go above the spring, and sit between it and spring perch) usually they are cheap. also, I heard that landcruiser coils can give some lift (don't remember what year)

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
FZJ 80 rear coils will give you about 3 to 4 inchs of lift i think and a strut spacer in the front will lift it about 2.5 to 3 . Toytec and Old man emu also make lift springs

Last edited:

chicken77

throttle jockey
I had a 95 that had some of the same issues, ended up putting some new Moog springs (factory replacement) in and they helped a bunch, lifted the rear around an 1 1/2" at the same time I added new shocks from Auto Zone, not the cheapest but just one step up from them...... drove like a dream. I had 31" tires on it.