95 Isuzu Trooper clutch pedal

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
So I've looked around and read through some threads on the forum, and haven't found anything pertaining to my issue. As some may have seen on the upcoming trips sub forum, I recently aquired a 95 Isuzu Trooper with manual tranny. It runs really well (though it does make this funny whistle, chirpy, almost turbo kind of sound when I mash the gas pedal:confused:), I haven't yet tried out the 4x4 system so I can't report yet on that (thats what this saturday and next week is for), and the tranny feels strong and solid as well. The very first thing that I noticed when I took it for a test drive was how close to the floor the clutch pedal is, which concerned me, but not too much (as my last trooper had issues with its clutch (due to improper care)). After I got it home and did a deeper inspection of the truck, I found that the bearing that holds the pedal in place was blown.
IMG_0299_zpsdsg0yw8k.jpg
I've gone to a few auto parts stores around here, but everyone I've talked to has said that I would be better off going to a junkyard or whatever and finding one of these that way. My biggest concern with that is I don't know the kind of use those bearings may have had, and I want to have something that will last me the lifetime of the vehicle.

This is what I've found so far online; http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d..._-1&keyword=clutch+bearing&pt=C2325&ppt=C0015

http://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/...rman-clutch-pilot-bearing/237295_307530_9773/

And I didn't find anything from Napa auto

So I was wondering if there is anyone on the forum that would suggest something other than what I've found.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Will

Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I can't really see what is needed in your picture, but if it were me I'd just take the pedal out and see what exactly is needed--whether bushing, bearing, whatever. It's easy enough generally to find stuff like that just by the dimensions.

Those two links you posted are both for pilot bearings, which are not what you need. (the pilot bearing/bushing is in the middle of the flywheel, the input shaft of the trans rides in it. You'll replace that when you do a clutch job.)

THSDragoon

I have a new Trooper :D
issues!!

Hello all

Today I managed to get a few parts to fix my clutch system, as it was having too much free play along with the master cylinder itself going out. I aquried the parts I needed though a local scrap yard, and an auto shop, hoping that I would be able to get my project done by night fall. The good news; I managed to get the master cylinder back in (though not as tight in place as it probably should be (I need a skinnier ratcheting wrench :( )). The bad news; it is currently sitting in the parking lot of my apartment with a half-assed clutch pedal replacement job. Here is a quick run down of what I managed to get done.

First I got the master cylinder replaced (it still has the little plastic protector thingy)

IMG_0374_zpskzpifxi7.jpg

Next up was the removal of the clutch pedal, and as you can see in the photo the articulation bearing that helps with smooth operation of the clutch pedal is totally shot

IMG_0376_zpsxodadayr.jpg

IMG_0377_zps1fe0jdm2.jpg

once I got the pedal out, I was expecting to get it back in as quickly as it came out. Turns out, getting it back in is a bitch. And so now, I'm stuck with this;

IMG_0382_zpsac7d0q0r.jpg

IMG_0383_zpss0qjtufj.jpg

As can be seen in the second photo, there is a little white tab attached to the spring. That little white tab (and spring) are supposed to be sitting nice and neat in the groove in the pedal. That's where I've spent most of my time, is trying to get that damn tab to sit in place, while trying to get the center bolt in place. I can always get one, or the other, but never the bolt and the spring. What am I doing wrong?????? It should just pop right back into place! Do I need to compress the spring before doing anything? Do I need to continue practicing my spell casting language of mechanics and hope for the best? Please help!!

Will Adams