96 Chevy S-10 Fan

Mr.Chevy

OK on my s-10 one of the fan blades didn't want to be apart of the fan no more so it flew off at a high rev and took the fan shroud and radiator with it. So I have to get a new radiator and water pump and fan and fan clutch and fan shroud:ugh: . But i was thinking of switching to electric fans but it seems the guys at checkers and auto zone don't know there head from there as$ when it comes to converting it from a clutch fan to a electric fan.

So that is where I need some help. What kind of fan should I run? Is there a certain brand I should look for or stay away from? Do I run a signal or dual? Do I hard wire it on all the time or hook it to a temp control unit? I was looking on the net and found people with v-8 swaps using the Flex-A-Lite Electric Fans #210 and they said it fits the radiator like it was meant to be there. But that mite be a little much for my 4.3 so I seen that they make a #110 that is a signal but I don't know if that is what I want to go with. So if any ones knows any info that would help me out post up and share the info.

Truck info:96 Chevy S-10 ZR2 stock 4.3 with AC

Thanks, Alan

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My '89 Camaro (305 TBI) had a factory electric fan. Might be a good source (and still GM so it might fit nicely) if the radiators are similarly sized. We also used to use fans from a Chev Celebrity, or Olds Cutlass Cierra on our demo derby cars. They worked great for the 5-10 minute heats and are VERY low profile. I'm running a Taurus fan on my Jeep with a TBI small block. They flow a LOT of air and are two speed.

I'm kind of a fan of the stock type you are getting rid of, though. They work well with the shroud.

Mr.Chevy

Ya the stock one worked really good and kept things cool but it is looking like it would cost me the same amount for a electric as it would for a stock one. And it would be nice to free up a little more power for my stock 4.3;)