96 F350 which lift?

Fester

Anyone have an older model F350 with a lift? Any suggestions on which 4"-6" springs are the best?

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
I would suggest doing the shackle reversal on the frt (4") and SD springs in the rear. Use an ad a leaf up frt or a 2" spring. You can also invert the rear spring hanger to about any desired lift and eliminate the blocks.

My 95 had the Tough Countrys when I bought it (from Ohms). The springs beat the hell out of you....it is a 3/4 ton after all....But my plan is to invert the rear shackles, get rid of the blocks, pull a couple leaves and add airbags. Up frt I am going to the new SD coils and radius arms....

Check www.dieselstop.com, there are a few threads about lifts and whatnot.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
That is the kit a lot of guys have used....seems pretty good. I'll probabably make my own. Probably be cheaper just to buy them though....
I have heard of a few people doing the SD frts, but it does not seem like it is worth the work. The stock springs are not short. Not sure how much better the ride would be with a few extra inches (I give it 2 hours before that is quoted in a sig line :rofl: )

Look at RE's SD springs. Their XJ leaves are pretty good, and well priced.

thenag

i have axles from a 96 f350 on my bronco, used a front hanger from a 78 f350, used the rear hanger from the front axle of the 96 f350 and the shackle from the rear axle of a ford truck (they are all the same) used the main leaf from the 96 f350 and the second leaf from a superduty.

I have not had a track bar on it. several broncos have done this swap, it actually does not lift us that much higher than a stock f350 with stock tires

I was trying to upload some recent pics but superford.org is not happy right now

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=194

nathan
no cool sig