96 SASed 4runner

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
I hate to do this, but the time has come to part ways. Work has been REALLY slow and I need some cash to help make ends meet.

96 4Runner SR5
3.4L V6
263000ish miles
Front Dana 44 with Auburn Ected selectable locker. Mile Marker manual hubs.
Rear Dana 44 with Lock-right locker
Leaf springs all the way around with 3/4 eliptical rear setup.
Brand new rough country shocks
Rear drive shaft built by 6 states Front built by my dad.
Custom rear bumper w/swing up tire carrier
Custom built sliders

It does have a couple things still in need of repair.
needs new tires. The ones that are on it work fine off road, but I can not get them to balance worth a dang
When i did the SAS and eliminated the ABS so I also eliminated the speedometer/odometer. I have put very few miles on it since then (maybe 1000)
There is a fairly simple fix for it, I just haven't had time to do it. http://www.rocksolidtoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484
I've installed a CB, but haven't had time to get it working right
Needs front and rear windshields
Needs a new front output shaft seal on the t-case.

It runs and drives really well (minus the tires) I have had it since 2001 and have loved every second. Check out the build thread http://desertrunnerst4r.forumotion.com/t38-ty-s-1996-4runner-farm-toy

Asking $6500 but VERY open to offers.

Call, text or PM me 8ol6l5394o

Attachments

• DSC_8167.jpg
    DSC_8167.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

ID Bronco

Are the rear springs squirrley with the 3/4 elliptical set up back there? I have seen many of them unload on decent. Also, how is the interior? This would be so cool for my boy and I to share. Are the axle shafts upgraded at all?

What is the tire size and gearing?

Thardy

"FARM TOY"
any interest in selling that trailer aswell?

I would entertain offers. All it is is a 4x4ish flat bed with an off road swivel hitch.

Are the rear springs squirrley with the 3/4 elliptical set up back there? I have seen many of them unload on decent. Also, how is the interior? This would be so cool for my boy and I to share. Are the axle shafts upgraded at all?

What is the tire size and gearing?

When we first setup the rear it was a little squirrelly, but we did some upgrades that took care of that, now it actually feels pretty good, I've never noticed any unloading. Axle shafts are stock, 5.38 gears. Interior is probably average for a 96. It sits on 35s right now, but I've had 37s on it. Like I said before they have some offroad life and would pass inspection, but the balance is pretty poor and it gets some good vibration about 65 mph

It would be way cool for you and your boy!!