96 wrangler 4.0 starting problem

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
Hickey said:
What about your relays? The ASD relay (Automatic Shut Down) will cause this. Try swapping it with AC or other relay.

i agree, the same thing happenend to me on my 96 cherokee, bugger to find the problem, but the relay was only a couple bucks:greg:

tfritz

Do you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key? If so the ADS relay is ok if not then it could be the relay or the fuel pump. Also check the wiring harness where it goes through the fire wall. I have had problems with mine coming loose and it left me stranded.

in the swap out the harness didnt come with the wiring to the fuel tank so i juts put in an inline fuel pump to solve that(it does work)

53 willys

Bad speller
NuCKinG FuTS said:
in the swap out the harness didnt come with the wiring to the fuel tank so i juts put in an inline fuel pump to solve that(it does work)

4.0l take some high fuel pressure to start, if that pump is not putting out
75psi it wont start. I would put a fuel pressure gauge on it to make sure you are getting 75psi. Did you run the new pump off the stock fuel pump harness or did you run new power wires. I think there are some grounds by the fuel pump harness that need to be connected.

Last edited: