96 xj parting out

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Do you still have the steering shaft and column? My buddy needs one... if you have my number just text me, I lost yours

gertsch

Do the price of the transmission is that with the flex plate and wiring and such cause I'm looking to convert my wrangler over to auto do my wife doesn't have an excuse about driving it.

93yj

Do the price of the transmission is that with the flex plate and wiring and such cause I'm looking to convert my wrangler over to auto do my wife doesn't have an excuse about driving it.

I think you are asking me if I still have the trans. Yes I still have the trans and wires...

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I need the reservoir from the power steering. Assuming it is the one that hooks directly to the side of the pump.

How much?

93yj

The story behind this is I bought the motor from a kid who had his 96 XJ T-boned in an accident and subsequently they totaled the jeep. I bought and pulled the motor because I could turn it over and hear it run (didn’t want to risk going to a junk yard). The kid called me a week later to say he would sale the rest of the jeep to me for 50$ so the city he lived in wouldn’t give him a ticket. To answer your question I would assume the transmission was working before the accident. I was able to shift it into neutral to pull the jeep up onto my trailer from his house. Other then that I don’t know I didn’t drive it. I know he was pretty upset over the accident and he appeared to keep the jeep up. It was very clean on the inside and all the fluids where changed on a regular basis. I striped everything and I mean everything off and out of the jeep before I took the shell out to one of the metal yards. I even kept the dash cluster that reads 128,000 miles. I took the pan off the bottom of the trans and all of the fluids looks clean. I hope that kind of helps in your decision. Looks like you have been thinking about it since September LOL!!! I still got it figure if nobody takes in a year I might do the same thing you are thinking about doing to my YJ. Anyways let me know.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i just put the gas tank in my jeep last night. it's super awesome to have a whole tank again :)

now let's go wheeling!