Dodge 97 ram 2500 brake problem.

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
so my abs and brake lights came on the other day. i turned the truck off and back on again and they go away. this goes on every once in a while for a week or so. wednesday it comes on and wont go away. the pedal felt fine and it stopped fine. today i pull into my driveway and it does not want to stop. it does stop but doesnt want to. the pedal pushes to the floor and the brakes skip(ie. brakes grab then let go then grab again.) while pressing the pedal. i decide to tear it down and take a look. the pads are good, the shoes are good,the wheel cylinders are good. there are no visible leaks anywhere. the reservoir is full. yet the pedal holds resistance for a bit then slowly drops to the floor.

where have my brakes gone? what could be wrong here? master cyl? brake booster? i cant even find any evidance that my truck has abs. when i pulled the relay cover under the dash all the relay/fuse spots that are associated with the abs are empty. why would my truck have an abs light if it had no abs? i am lost here. i need some help.