97 Taco project SAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacomaguy

i just started the fun process of doing a solid axle swap on my 97 Tacoma.
i will post pic alone the full build.
To start off on the front i will be running a dana44 out of a 79 grand wagoneer with 4:88 gears and a lockright. 4" trail gear springs, skys manufacturing frenched shackes. in the back i will be running 63" chevy springs with the stock toyota 8.4 with 4:88 and also lockright for street ability.:)

beginning
iphone009.jpg

iphone051.jpg

spent 2hours with a cutting disk/ sawzall cutting all the ifs off.:(
cruiserfest09072.jpg

cruiserfest09070.jpg

new t100 oilpan painted CAT yellow
cruiserfest09066.jpg

still need to grind the crap out of the left over brackets
cruiserfest09067.jpg

rolled the dana44 under the front to see what it should look like but alot taller
cruiserfest09069.jpg

Last edited:

Tacomaguy

Yep but i only painted two things CAT yellow cause i think anymore and it would look to retarded.

cut the inner fender to clear the steering shaft
littlemoabtrip001.jpg

also cut to fit the steering box
littlemoabtrip018.jpg

Tacomaguy

got the front hanger setup ready and working on tacking the shackles in place
littlemoabtrip002-1.jpg

also to day i went a got 5 35/12.50/r15 mickytompson baja mtz 1 new 4 used for $110
littlemoabtrip001-1.jpg

littlemoabtrip003-1.jpg

chans

yeah those frenched shackles are from Skys-manufacturing.com

What are the benefits of the frenched shackles? To keep the truck lower? I was checking out their website and the complete conversion kit looks good for 1950.00. Did you piece your parts out to save money? You sure are working fast, can't wait to see pictures of it done.

Tacomaguy

the frenched shackles will allow the spring to be more level instead of the front being higher than the back plus the frenched shackles ad strength
an i peaced my kit together and saved a ton of money ive only spent 1500 so far and the only things i need is a drag link, 2 front brakelines, pitment arm, and a home made driveshaft. and my rear 8.4 gears and lockright

Tacomaguy

Yep i took work off Saturday so i hope we get this thing on all 4 again . After welding the hanger and getting the shackle angle good everything else is cake to me. the shackle angle is all ive been stressed about

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Yep i took work off Saturday so i hope we get this thing on all 4 again . After welding the hanger and getting the shackle angle good everything else is cake to me. the shackle angle is all ive been stressed about

When setting the shackle angle make sure you take into account that your springs will settle and kick back your shackle even more. I didn't do that and it made mine lay too far back, luckily though I had to switch to smaller springs which were shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.