97 TJ feels squirrely, looking for someone to look at it or a shop near Hill AFB

DsmRacing

Hey guys',
Drove my TJ last night for the first time and it feels like it is all over the road. It's a 4.0L with a 3" lift and I believe a 2" body lift. I've read what death wobble feels like, and it's not like that. It feels like it has a hard time tracking straight at times, but the steering wheel isn't shaking and I could turn if needed. The rear is locked as well, I believe a detroit. I think it may have a short arm kit as well, but no idea of brand.

Before I really start digging into it, I'd like to take it somewhere or someone and have it looked over, before I blindly start replacing parts. Anyone/place close to Layton/Clearfield area?

Thanks,

Chad

huntinkid

your pitman arm nut could be loose...my buddy has an o2 tj and has to tighten it every couple weeks even after the after market lock nut. bfr does the trick ;)

DsmRacing

Had Seth look at it over the weekend. For the most part everything looked normal. Dropping it off tomorrow at Russ's Alignment shop. See what they say.

Chad

Nothing wrong, tightened up some bolts front and rear and adjusted the toe. It is better but it still wanders and told me that this is normal. Oh well, it's drivable and I feel more comfortable.

Last edited: