97 tj heater switch

Xploderkid97

any one know if there is a fuse for the heater switch if so where is it at? or how to fix a heater that will only work full blast or on the lowest setting- nothing inbetween? my buddy had the same problem in his honda accord and it ended up being a fuse. any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

TheJeepGuy

Heater

I have seen this on one other TJ but I didnt dig into it to find out what was wrong but I would remove the panel which is really easy (just pull the face off of it, it is on clips) and then undo the four screws and see what is wrong. My guess would be something is wrong with the switch behind the nob because it is working but not changing speeds from your description.

the TJ I saw it on was for sale, did your friend buy this a couple months ago?

Xploderkid97

no it is mine i bought it about a year and half ago- i looked into it when i first bought it but dont remember what i found- do you know which fuse it is? i remember seeing that no fuses were blown so i gave up. It hasnt been a daily driver so it wasnt ever a concern but im letting my little sister drive it to school and back now(birthday gift to her :) so im trying to get it road worthy and comfortable.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
my girlfriends 04 tj does the same thing... I read in another post that there is a "resistor card" that sits behind the glove box that needs to be replaced... its not that easy to replace from what someone said....I will be looking into this this weekend when I get my first day off in months...

jruss

It most likely is the 'Heater Blower Motor Resistor'. It is not that hard to find. It's located beneath the dashboard on the passenger side. It's a "diamond shaped" piece of plastic, held on by two screws.